Clever ideas
  Re: (...)
I was home making cookies today to ***** off to Steve, and had the foodnetwork on while I was baking. The Neelys were on (Not usually a show I watch they just bug me) but it was on in the back ground. There was a very clever plating idea they had and I thought I would share - especially for the caterers and party givers. She was serving Lobster Salad and a cocktail glass. Instead of just serving this way which was very pretty, they rimmed the martini glass with lemon juice and then dipped it in a dry rub mix. Just put a very clever presentation on the lobster salad martini.

2nd cleaver tip I have come across lately and I can't wait to try it out. This came out of the Costco Magazine of all places.

Porcini Powder Spice Rub for Beef
Chef Bruce Aidells
Enough for two large steaks or four smaller ones.

2 Tsp Kosher salt
1 Tbsp Porciini Powder
1 tsp granulated Garlic
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsp dried mint
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients. To use, bursh steaks with olive oil and sprinkle rub generoulsy all over the steaks. Wrap and marinage for 2 hours at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.

Porcini Powder
simply ground dried procini mushrooms in a spice grinder or coffee grinder to produce 1 Tbsp of powder.;
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Clever ideas by esgunn (I was home making co...)
Two very clever ideas, Erin. I really like the Porcini Powder Spice Rub for Steaks. Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Clever ideas by Gourmet_Mom (Two very clever idea...)
Lol I do that with my gazepacho shooters
  Re: Re: Clever ideas by DFen911 (Lol I do that with m...)
I love those ideas, Erin. Thanks for sharing them. I know what you mean about that show. Those two bug me too. A little too lovey-dovey.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Clever ideas by Mare749 (I love those ideas, ...)
Me three, on that show..to cutesy, I guess. Those are two good ideas. We do rim our Bloody Marys with lemon juice and either cayenne or salt. I did a chocolate mousse one time with the martini glasses rimmed with Malden salt - yum.

Paulie (old C2Cer) and I did something with mushroom powder one time and I love it - but I forgot all about it. Thanks Erin.

So, what kind of cookies is Steve getting? Please give him a big hello from all of us. and a hug for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Clever ideas by cjs (Me three, on that sh...)
Not only too cutesy but down right silly!

"Please give him a big hello from all of us. and a hug for you." DITTO!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.