Saturday's Dinner, 7/17
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I'm playing with a brunch pizza this a.m. (will I ever get away from pizza?? ) I'm going to play with some farmers market vendor's dip mixes as sauces for pizza. This one will have clams and ?????????

Dinner, another pkg. from the bowels of the freezer. A master recipe for Slow cooked beef and onions and I'll make some Ropa Vieja over rice.

Dessert - first experiment with the pineapple. Grill the spears and serve with ice cream and some kind of glaze....stay tuned.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/17 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Hmmm, I guess whatever sounds good when I get to the Brew Kettle this afternoon. More on this later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/17 by Mare749 (Hmmm, I guess whatev...)
We're having kalbi with the fixings, jasmine rice and saké. After getting the results of his tests yesterday (everything OK!!!-just a tiny slight infection but scans, tests, etc. were negative for everything), Mister went to World Market and bought some new kitchen things - some new saké cups with pitchers and some new oil stoppered bottles. By the time I got to the commissary, they had sold out of peaches - going today to get some for grilling for tomorrow. Mister is smoking a turkey and a ham for the freezer tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/17 by (We're having kalbi w...)
So glad it is good news for Mister, I bet you both are happy and relieved. Bring on the sake!

We are having grilled turkey burgers. Not sure what I will do as far a seasoning. I am leaning toward a gyro theme with feta, red onion, tomato and cucumber sauce... Not sure though!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/17 by luvnit (So glad it is good n...)
I'm thinking about what I want to make with my new goodies! Stay tuned here, also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/17 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm thinking about w...)
Okay, definitely California Turkey burgers and now I have discovered I have an abundance of zucchini(?) in the garden. I will saute them in butter and garlic until tender-crisp with some salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Last night we went to Benihana for dinner and hubby make an omlette with our leftovers this morning. I just can't top that! It was divine.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/17 by luvnit (Okay, definitely Cal...)
Sonja, glad to hear Mister is well!

Daphne, have fun deciding what to make.

We're throwing healthy dining out the window for tonight. Dinner is chicken with sage, prosciutto, and asiago cheese served with a butter/wine sauce, risotto, and salad (my one concession to a healthy diet). It's John's favorite dinner, and we haven't had it in a while.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/17 by karyn (Sonja, glad to hear ...)
What to do, what to do! Breakfast dinner with a big ol' slab of ham, with grits and eggs? Grilled sausages with okra and sliced tomato? The planned Goujons of Sole with Dill Mayonnaise with grilled sweet potato wedges and garlicky green beans? HELP!

Or go to Karyn's house! You care to share that yummy sounding recipe?

Sonja, I am so glad to hear Mister's test results came out well!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/17 by Gourmet_Mom (What to do, what to ...)
Daphne, here it is. It really is delicious.

Chicken with Asiago, Prosciutto and Sage

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves,
-- pounded to 1/4-inch thickness (actually, I can usually only get pretty big chicken breasts, so I cut two big ones in half crosswise to make cutlets and skip the pounding)
all-purpose flour
6 Tbs butter, (3/4 stick) divided
1/2 cup finely grated Asiago cheese
8 thin prosciutto slices, folded over crosswise
2/3 cup dry white wine
2 tsp minced fresh sage (I tend add more)
4 whole sage leaves, for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and
pepper. Coat both sides with flour, shaking off excess.

2. Melt 4 tablespoons buter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add
chicken breasts and saute until brown, turning once, about 5 minutes.
Transfer chicken to rimmed baking sheet; reserve skillet. Sprinkle 2
tablespoons cheese over each chicken breast. Top each with 2 prosciutto
slices. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, add wine, minced sage, and 2 tablespoons butter to skillet.
Boil until sauce is reduced to 1/3 cup, scraping up browned bits, about 4
minutes.

4. Transfer chicken breasts to platter. Top each with a sage leaf, drizzle
pan sauce over and serve.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/17 by karyn (Daphne, here it is. ...)
Oh my goodness, that does sound good. Thanks! I think this needs to be on next week's menu.
Daphne