O.K., Another Pizza!!
  Re: (...)
One of the things I'm doing for the next book is use vendor products that we find at Farmers Markets - those that can be ordered online. Thinking of using one of the vendor's ideas and then creating one or two of my own to add to the mix.

Well, the first time is a real charm!! The first product I used is a Seafood dip from Sugarplum Fancies. "Dash Point Dip" which is really just a basic herbed mix (Onion, parsely, mustard, sugar, lemon herb, garlic, seasoning salt, pepper). They suggest adding 1 cup drained shrimp, crab or clams. So, if you can't find this particular one, I would think many of the mix packets out there would work as well.

Anyway, the first one I'm not posting 'cause it is such a great idea, that you have to buy the book to get it.

But, the 2nd one is just as fun - using the prepared dip mix as a sauce for pizza. Oh man, was this ever delicious.

-----
CLAM PIZZA
With the dip made ahead of time, just remove 1/3 cup and set it aside before using the dip for other dishes. It makes a wonderful pizza sauce.

8 to 10 oz. pizza dough, recipe follows
1/3 cup Sugarplum Fancies’ Dash Point Dip, prepared
2 oz. Mozzarella cheese, diced in small pieces
2 oz. Fontina cheese, diced in small pieces
2 T. thinly sliced red onions
2 6.5 oz. cans of chopped clams, drained, or two 3.75 oz. cans of Smoked clams
Red pepper flakes
Olive oil for drizzling and brushing the crust
Freshly ground black pepper
1 T. thinly sliced green onions, white and green parts
1 T. chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 450° F. with a cast iron griddle or a pizza stone in the oven to preheat.

Generously sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza peel* and set aside.

Roll out the pizza dough to a 8 to 9” round circle; transfer to the pizza peel and turn the outer rim in to form a small edge around the circle of dough. (reword)

As you layer your ingredients on the pizza dough, after each addition gently shake the peel back and forth just a little to make sure it is not sticking to the peel. Be sure to do this after each addition. The cornmeal acts as ball bearings to keep the pizza from sticking to the surface of the peel. If it sticks, carefully raise the edge of the pizza with a spatula and sprinkle cornmeal in under the crust where it is beginning to stick. Gently shake back and forth to make sure it will slide off the peel.

Spread the dip over the pizza dough just to the rim you have made to edge the pizza. top this with the cheese pieces followed by the red onions. Scatter the clams over the top; sprinkle red pepper flakes and grate black pepper over all. Drizzle just a little olive oil over the pizza.

Gently slide the pizza from the peel onto your baking pan; bake for 10 minutes; reduce the oven temperature to 400° F. and continue baking until the toppings are hot and crust is a golden brown on the bottom. This could take from 3 to 12 minutes, depending on what you are cooking your pizza on ~ start checking the bottom of the crust after 3 minutes, if brown and the toppings are hot, your pizza is ready.

CJ’s tip: *if you don’t have a pizza peel, using the under side of a sheet pan works fine.
-----
I'll add a pizza dough recipe, but I'm not posting one here because we all seem to have our favorites, but I did use the sourdough pizza dough.

I can't say which we liked better, the chopped clams or the smoked clams, they were both so tasty!! And let me tell you, they are both delicous with Champagne!!

Chopped Clam Pizza -
[Image: CIMG0849.jpg]

Smoked Clam Pizza -
[Image: CIMG0848.jpg]

My darn photo program is not working, so can't crop pictures the way I want right now. sigh...

Anyway, really good pizzas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: O.K., Another Pizza!! by cjs (One of the things I'...)
Wow those look amazing! Do it again with mussels

Jean you need to get Roy to build you a pizza oven. Bill get your plans to them straight away!
Sounds and looks good Jean. I just happen to have some clams in the cabinet. But the only package dip I can think of is Ranch. I'll have to look around.

"Anyway, the first one I'm not posting 'cause it is such a great idea, that you have to buy the book to get it." You tease...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: O.K., Another Pizza!! by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds and looks goo...)
Daphne, I wouldn't use Ranch, but I'm sure you can find "gourmet" dip packets at botique type shops. We have a pharmacy that has a gift section and they have all kinds of these packets. I'd use one with more herb seasoning than a ranch would have.

It's on the list Denise, we may build ours this fall - if nothing comes along to push it further down the list.

Mussels would be a good sub also. I'll make a note of that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh Jean that looks sooooo wonderful! You are such a Goddess in the kitchen! I just want to sink my teeth into one of those right now!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: O.K., Another Pizza!! by luvnit (Oh Jean that looks s...)
It was tasty! (both)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: O.K., Another Pizza!! by cjs (It was tasty! [img]/...)
BTW for those that have not ordered Jean's book Pizza Pizza Pizza...get your buns to amazon and do so.

Jean I am so excited! I putting post it notes on several I'm going to play with it.

I think the thing that excited me the most was the various doughs and sauces! Just wonderful
  Re: Re: O.K., Another Pizza!! by DFen911 (BTW for those that h...)
thanks, Denise.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: O.K., Another Pizza!! by cjs (thanks, Denise....)
Oh my, that looks sooo good! We would like that one, and I have a son-in-law who will go nuts over this.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: O.K., Another Pizza!! by Mare749 (Oh my, that looks so...)
Hey, Jean, what is that dip mixed with? I'm thinking of using a packet of Good Seasoning? William has requested pizza for tonight, so I thought I'd try this one. My can of clams is only 10 oz. Do you think that will be enough? Also, your directions are for baking in the oven. Do I assume I do it on the grill like usual...grill dough, flip, top, grill?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.