Tonite's dinner was SUpER!
  Re: (...)
Wanted to share tonite's menu with you.
Island Pork Chops, they have the terriffic spicy rub and brown in a skillet then top with brn sug and hot sauce and finish in the oven.
I made a chicken/shushi flavored rice for a side and Grilled Pineapple which had a lemon pepper glaze. What an enjoyable meal, with white wine. The weather was lovely on the deck ahhhhh.......
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Tonite's dinner was SUpER! by farnfam (Wanted to share toni...)
Hi, Cis! What a pretty sounding meal....and yummy, too! Don't you love nice evenings like that? I crave a cool, low humidity evening meal! I guess it'll be a while...LOL!

It's kinda pathetic when you think about it. Here I am with the whole summer off, and it's too hot to be in the kitchen, except early in the morning and late at night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tonite's dinner was SUpER! by Gourmet_Mom (Hi, Cis! What a pre...)
I know what you mean, Daph. Even so, I love the hot weather it's such a welcome change for us, we get sooooo much winter
We have been having our dinner later too, so that helps. We've been camping every other week, so I'm in "eat outside" mode.
And one more thing: The chicken in the rotiss is becoming my stand by. Do it in the morning and serve with pasta salad and some veggie. Sort of a cook it when it's cool and serve it later thing
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Tonite's dinner was SUpER! by Gourmet_Mom (Hi, Cis! What a pre...)
Oh my, that is a nice sounding meal! And lucky you, eating out on the deck. I can hardly stand being outside as it's been so darn hot lately. A low humidity day sounds like heaven.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tonite's dinner was SUpER! by Mare749 (Oh my, that is a nic...)
Cis, those chops sound great - is that a C@H recipe or your own? We love "rubbed" things and are always looking for new mixtures. And eating on the deck sounds lovely as well. Glad you enjoyed it so!!
  Re: Re: Tonite's dinner was SUpER! by (Cis, those chops sou...)
It was a recipe my daughter Heidi recommended. The rub is 1/4 t pepper, 1/2 t each cumin, chili pwdr, and cinnamon. Coat chops and brown in 2T oo then top with 1/4C brwn sug mixed with 1/2T Hot sauce and finish in 350 oven for 20min. The pineapple, we cut in 6 wedges and glazed with a mix of honey, lemon juice and pepper and grilled for @ 5min a side. Very yummy
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Tonite's dinner was SUpER! by farnfam (It was a recipe my d...)
Sounds delish!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Tonite's dinner was SUpER! by luvnit (Sounds delish!...)
That sounds yummy, Cis. Thanks for the rub and glaze directions.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tonite's dinner was SUpER! by luvnit (Sounds delish!...)
It sure does.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com