What's for Dinner - 7/19???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu??

I have to make meatloaf for my aunt, so we'll probably grab a couple slices and have meatloaf sandwiches. haven't had those in a while...while I think if I want to take two weeks out of running to farmers markets and/or using products from them to do the Air Force regime again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - 7/19??? by cjs (What's on the menu??...)
I'm PLANNING to finally make the Goujons of Sole with Dill Mayonnaise with a side of grilled sweet potatoes and garlicky green beans. We're meeting up with some old friends making their way to the beach this afternoon, so we'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Dinner - 7/19??? by cjs (What's on the menu??...)
Well the other day when I sent hubby to the store to get hard rolls for our turkey burgers I said to him, "I want to have leftovers for your lunch and for the kids so get two packages. That's a dozen. Those are the ones with the poppy seeds, sesame seeds or plain."

This is what he heard, "Honey, go to the store and get two dozen hard rolls. Get the poppy seed, sesame seed and some plain."

Well I still have over a dozen rolls left and want to use them before they are bad. I want to roast a chicken for some sandwiches and put some kind of spicy sauce with it. Not chipotle, but something to give them a mexican flair. Then I will serve the Black-Eyed Pea dip and some grilled zucchini. Not much prepping. Sounds like a easy night of cooking on the grill.

Any suggestions for the chicken seasoning? I may even do a Jerk Chicken, just not sure what sounds good yet.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - 7/19??? by luvnit (Well the other day w...)
Laura, I always freeze rolls and bread since the two of us will not go through a bag before they get stale. I use the ziploc freezer bags, and when the bread has frozen, use a straw to suck out excess air (I'm my own food-saver!!!).

I am making the Greek Salsa Chicken which Jean so kindly posted on my "storing olives" thread. Olives in my half of the salsa, none in DH's (he really has no idea just what he's missing, does he???)
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - 7/19??? by foodfiend (Laura, I always free...)
I found a package of chicken thighs in the back of the freezer ( ), so they are marinating in a provencal marinade (dijon mustard, garlic,herbes de provence). We picked up some Chinese Yard Long Beans at the Farmer's Market, so will do something with them. Picked a huge bowl of cherry and grape tomatoes from the garden, so will have them also. A staff member gave us some local wineberries (had never even heard of them), so that will be dessert.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - 7/19??? by Lorraine (I found a package of...)
I'm trying a recipe a friend of mine highly suggested - it's a Turkish grilled chicken dish. I'm not sure what to serve with it. Possibly some yellow rice and broccolini because that will elminate a trip to the store!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/r...o-Pepper-353832
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - 7/19??? by Trixxee (I'm trying a recipe ...)
Oooh Trixee that sounds really really good. I will have to put that one in my recipe box to try. I love recipes like that.

Thanks Vicci. I may just do that. I still have 17 rolls but they were all just so lovely and fresh, I didn't have the heart to freeze them.
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - 7/19??? by luvnit (Well the other day w...)
Quote:

Well I still have over a dozen rolls left and want to use them before they are bad.

LOL! Too funny.

One word: croutons.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - 7/19??? by luvnit (Oooh Trixee that sou...)
Quote:

Oooh Trixee that sounds really really good. I will have to put that one in my recipe box to try. I love recipes like that.

luvnit - my friend Joanna has a pretty good knack for picking out recipes I like. Here's another recommended one that's on the menu for tomorrow. Honey-wine braised thighs with mustard greens. She said her family was pratically licking their bowls.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipe...id=2001867
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - 7/19??? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Wow! I love this one too. Must be right up my alley, because I have enough stuff I could probably cook it tonight! That's always a good sign you would like something. Thanks Trixxee! You are so thoughtful!
Laura