A Great Chocolatey Dessert
  Re: (...)
We did an event last Saturday where the client wanted a "very chocolatey dessert", and geez did she get one! A scoop of triple chocolate ice cream (white chocolate, milk and dark, bought, not homemade), topped with a huge dollop of chocolate whipped cream, a shard of dark chocolate/toasted hazelnut, drizzled with house made chocolate sauce, served with a housemade double chocolate biscotti. The plates came back looking like they had been licked clean. It was a really easy dessert to make, as everything can be made ahead of time, and plated at the last minute. So, if you like chocolate.......

Edited to add a funny story about the menu. It was a surprise 60th birthday party for her Mom. Most of the guests were flying in from London, so he offered them a traditional Southern menu. Nope, she wanted European, whatever that is. so, he offered her roasted pork loin in a fig/port sauce, roasted fingerling potatoes etc. she was happy with that. Then she came back asking to swap out the fingerlings for his sweet potato medly. He was ok with that. Then she came back asking to swap the pork loin for ham. Do you get much more Southern than ham and sweet potatoes??? She was adament about having the chocolate dessert, but also ordered a 2 tiered cake. After eating our dessert, they didn't even cut the birthday cake. What a waste of money.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: A Great Chocolatey Dessert by Lorraine (We did an event last...)
Funny story, Lorraine! And thanks a lot for the chocolate recipe...I've been CRAVING chocolate for days! So much so, I got up and flipped through the tabs I've got marking recipes in Nigella Express to see which of the chocolate recipes I had the ingredients on hand to make. Thanks a lot....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Great Chocolatey Dessert by Gourmet_Mom (Funny story, Lorrain...)
You're welcome! For the shards, he melted a good quality dark chocolate, then added toasted ground hazelnutes. laid it out on foil, keep in the fridge until ready to break up and use. It was really good. I didn't have the memory card in my camera, so am trying to figure out how to download the picture of it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: A Great Chocolatey Dessert by Lorraine (You're welcome! [img...)
"For the shards, he melted a good quality dark chocolate, then added toasted ground hazelnutes. laid it out on foil, keep in the fridge until ready to break up and use." Good grief, Lorraine! You're killing me here! It was bad enough thinking about this with just shards of chocolate and the hazelnuts sprinkled on, but now this!?!?!?

This is officially my anniversary treat next month!
Daphne
  Re: Re: A Great Chocolatey Dessert by Gourmet_Mom ("For the shards, he ...)
Copied and in the catering file - wow, can't get much tastier and easier that a dessert like this. Thanks Lorraine!!

What did you all name it??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Great Chocolatey Dessert by cjs (Copied and in the ca...)
Yes, what did you name it? Sounds scrumptious. I'm afraid those chocolate shards would never make it to the dessert. I would be picking at them right off the foil!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Great Chocolatey Dessert by Mare749 (Yes, what did you na...)
For the chocoholics out there, don't forget to try the Le Bec Fin Chocolate Cake. My mom and I made this for my dad's 50th birthday (many years ago, obviously), and we can deinitely attest to how wonderful it is.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A Great Chocolatey Dessert by labradors (For the chocoholics ...)
Good grief, Labs! You guys are killing me here! I was supposed to LOOSE weight this summer, not GAIN!
Daphne
  Re: Re: A Great Chocolatey Dessert by Gourmet_Mom (Good grief, Labs! Yo...)
Quote:

Good grief, Labs! You guys are killing me here! I was supposed to LOOSE weight this summer, not GAIN!

**Evil laugh**
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A Great Chocolatey Dessert by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm not goin' there right now!! Especially after someone brought up the d*mn Air Force diet.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com