ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe
  Re: (...)
Ok who was making beans and then smoking them in their smoker?

Would love a recipe please I'd like to do them this weekend.
  Re: ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe by DFen911 (Ok who was making be...)
I think I played with it, but I wasn't as impressed as, I think, Sharon...can't remembr for sure.

Not as authentic, but I like to just add smoked meat, especially Brisket Burnt Ends to my beans or....dare I say a drop of liquid smoke.

Sharon, I'm sure will be by to help you out, Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe by DFen911 (Ok who was making be...)
It was me. We loved them. The tricks: use your normal baked bean recipe but a little added sweetener helps, bake or cook the beans as usual - they will go into the smoker about 2/3 of the way through smoking whatever you're smoking, and stir stir stir - otherwise only the top will get smokey. We put ours in above the meat until we were sure that the meat was cooked to a safe temp - then we put them under the meat to get "basted" by juices.

As I recall Billy was there when we did the smoked beans.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe by Harborwitch (It was me. We loved...)
Thanks Sharon! I'll stir them each time I add more wood.

I don't really have a baked bean recipe. I don't even know what kind of beans you use...that darn dog won't give up the recipe of the beans I normally serve
  Re: Re: ISO - Smoked Bean Recipe by DFen911 (Thanks Sharon! [img]...)
Well sticking with your usual "recipe" is probably just fine.

I wish I could find the one I used to make. It was the recipe served by MarineWorld Africa USA -when it was in Redwood City.

It was small navy beans - cooked until just soft, sauteed onions, garlic, maybe celery (crs you know), catsup, molasses, yellow mustard, bacon, diced pastrami, finely diced pineappple, salt & pepper. Can't remember the amounts, it took me 3 or 4 tries to get it right - they weren't giving up the recipe. Just dump it all in and continue cooking, adjusting stuff until they taste right.

Or, just go use the canned - much easier.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!