Thursday's Dinner, July 22nd?
  Re: (...)
Sorry, I forgot to get one of these started before we took off yesterday. (but, we know what Daphne had )

What's on the menu for today??

We're taking a quick surprise trip to Portland today - my old friend from Hawaii called Tuesday, she will be in town (Portland) Wed, Thurs, Fri - so we're heading down this a.m. and visit with her and two other high school friends today and tomorrow. Then we'll spend Saturday with Houseboat Don and come on home Sunday. Can't take the trailer, Roy's been trying to do too much because his hand has been so pain-free, that he has overdone it. So, we have to be motel-bound for the first time in ages.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 22nd? by cjs (Sorry, I forgot to g...)
Sorry about Roy's hand, Jean. Your trip sounds fun and I hope you can relax and enjoy the hotel.

I am grilling salmon on cedar planks, rosemary crusted potatoes, grilled corn on the cob, and making chocolate mousse in puff pastry cups for dessert. All of this will be done at the winery owners' home since we cannot entertain in our dinky apartment. They have fed us so much recently, I wanted to reciprocate. Always a fun evening with the owners so I am looking forward to this.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 22nd? by chef_Tab (Sorry about Roy's ha...)
WOW, Theresa, that dinner sounds great! I know you must be looking forward to it.

Jean, I hope you'll be posting what you eat for the next few days. I'm sure it will be amazing!

I THINK we'll be having the Cobb Salad tonight to clean out the fridge of a few things. But things could change.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 22nd? by Gourmet_Mom (WOW, Theresa, that d...)
We put chicken in the smoker yesterday. And I made roasted bliss potato salad. So will probably have left-overs tonight. Still need another veggie, so may grill some yellow squash. And watermelon for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 22nd? by Mare749 (We put chicken in th...)
I *think* we're having italian sausage and zucchini stuffed peppers served on a bed of spinach and garlic cheese bread on the side.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 22nd? by Trixxee (I *think* we're havi...)
Everyone's pending dinner plans sound really good. I think we will be having Fettucine Alfredo with sauteed zucchini, tomatoes and garlic.

My daughter cannot say Fettucine Alfredo for some reason and calls it <FETA-Keeny ala Jandro>. I tried this afternoon to coach her:

I said, "Say feta."
- "Feta."
Now say, "Cheeny."
- "Cheeny."
Now say, "Alfredo."
- "Alfredo."
Now say, "Feta Cheeny Alfredo."
- "Feta Keeny ala Jandro!"

Oh well, its cute!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 22nd? by luvnit (Everyone's pending d...)
Quote:

Oh well, its cute!

Cute, but maybe she's onto something, there: cook the pasta normally, add some sautéed zucchini, then top it with an Alfredo sauce with Feta substituted for the Parm.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 22nd? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

Oh well, its cute!

Cute, but maybe she's onto something, there: cook the pasta normally, add some sautéed zucchini, then top it with an Alfredo sauce with Feta substituted for the Parm.

[/blockquote]

Toooo cute! I think Labs might be right too.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 22nd? by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sounds delicious. I may have to give it a try! She is a chef at heart..
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 22nd? by luvnit (Sounds delicious. I ...)
If it works out (no reason it shouldn't), name it "Feta 'Chini Alejandro" and give her the credit!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?