Liquid perfection: Papaya-Granola Smoothie
  Re: (...)
This is something I've mentioned before, in passing, but I finally paid attention to how they made it in the juice store.

Now that I've made it at home, though, I can see that I'm going to have to get some more papayas.

A LOT more! In fact, I'm seriously considering making sure I ALWAYS have a pitcher of this in the fridge.

Here's how it goes:

Papaya-Granola Smoothie

Ingredients (per serving):
  • 2 Cups Papaya, skin and seeds removed, cut into large chunks (about 3/4 lb)
  • Milk as needed (see instructions)
  • 3/4 Cup Ice cubes
  • 1 Tbsp Sugar
  • 3 Tbsp Granola (loose granola cereal containing oats, peanuts, raisins, etc.)
Instructions:
  1. Place papaya into a blender, up to the two-cup line.
  2. Add milk up to the two-cup line (i.e. filling in the gaps)
  3. Add the ice, sugar and granola.
  4. Blend until smooth.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Liquid perfection: Papaya-Granola Smoothie by labradors (This is something I'...)
I wonder how this would taste with rice milk? It's thinner than whole milk or even 2% milk. I may have to give this a taste test.
  Re: Re: Liquid perfection: Papaya-Granola Smoothie by DFen911 (I wonder how this wo...)
Denise, that probably wouldn't matter for this recipe, but I would suggest leaving out the sugar, at first, if you decide to use rice or soy milk, then add it as you see fit.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Liquid perfection: Papaya-Granola Smoothie by labradors (Denise, that probabl...)
hmmm,does sound good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com