The party is over... It was nice...
  Re: (...)
Okay the party is over and it was largely a success. Everyone loved the food. The big hits were the brats and Derby salad.

Daphne, my platter worked perfectly with your salad recipe. It was georgous and everyone was so impressed! I will definitely do this again. Thank you dear, you are a gem.

[Image: DSC03055.jpg]

Jean, your brat recipe was sheer perfection. Really that is the only way I will do brats ever again. Everyone loved them.

[Image: DSC03057.jpg]

The kids had fun brining all day and the weather was wonderful!

[Image: DSC03056.jpg]

And my deck looked pretty good if I do say so myself.

[Image: DSC03053.jpg]

I didn't plan to expect anything, so everthing turned out great. My FIL said a few inappropriate comments, that's how he rolls and you just have to live with that. But I felt prepared and I could handle everything even when one SIL showed up two hours early with her kids. It still went just fine.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: The party is over... It was nice... by luvnit (Okay the party is ov...)
Congrats! Looks great! Glad it worked out.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Yay, Laura!!! The food looked so good, and your deck-- I love all of the potted plants and rattan furniture with tropical-print cushions. Now, showing up with the kids 2 hours early... my guests all know that it's quite okay to be at least 15 minutes late!

Now it's over and you can enjoy the rest of your weekend. Good show!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Oh, I'm so glad it all worked out. Your salad looks great.

Did the Birthday Boy like everything? Who cares about the rest...LOL!

Now kick back and enjoy the rest of a quiet, peaceful weekend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The party is over... It was nice... by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I'm so glad it a...)
Oh, Laura, that is just wonderful! So glad to hear it went well! It sounds like you picked the perfect menu for your party and every one had a good time. I'm sure your hubbie is happy too. How did your butterscotch pie turn out? I have to tell you, I made it for Ron and my dad yesterday, and it was a huge hit! They both loved it, and it was pretty easy to make. The only thing I'll do differently next time is use the dark brown sugar. Mine was light and so the color wasn't as attractive as I would have liked it to be. I'm thinking that the dark brown sugar will take care of that. Anyway, thanks again for a great recipe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The party is over... It was nice... by Mare749 (Oh, Laura, that is j...)
Laura it looks like an amazing party - the food & the deck look lovely. Ya done good kiddo!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: The party is over... It was nice... by Mare749 (Oh, Laura, that is j...)
Glad you liked the pie, and FYI I always use dark brown sugar for just the same reason. My MIL always uses the light,and even commented on it today. I will stick by my dark brown sugar variation. I like it better. Good call!

And YES the b-day boy loved it!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: The party is over... It was nice... by luvnit (Glad you liked the p...)
"Laura it looks like an amazing party - the food & the deck look lovely. Ya done good kiddo!" ditto, everything Sharon said. Great job, Laura!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The party is over... It was nice... by cjs ("Laura it looks like...)
Yea! Job well done! tomorrow just relax and enjoy! You did great!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: The party is over... It was nice... by esgunn (Yea! Job well done...)
Oh Laura isn't that a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. Everything looks fantastic and sounds like the weather was perfect.

In the What's for dinner thread I posted I was going to do tuna salad, but now after seeing the brats I may head to the store for brats and Guinness

Now today is a day for you to sit back and relax. You've earned it!