Tuesday Dinner, July 27th?
  Re: (...)
Where the heck has this month gone?? Almost August and we've had, what Erin & Marye, two weeks of summer????

What's on the menu for everyone??

I chose these two weeks because there was absolutely nothing on the calendar - neighbor brings over delicious looking muffins (immediately in freezer ) and Capt. Jay is coming thru town and needs me to figure out a reduction/gastrique for him. So, this will test my 'tasting' abilities...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 27th? by cjs (Where the heck has t...)
Hush, Jean...August is a dirty word in my house!

Our one little AC unit in the BR went out last night and probably won't be replaced until much later in the day. (William has a business appointment this AM.) So I went in search for something easy that requires very little prep. Boy was I excited to find the Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze fromn the new Fresh and Fabulous! This will allow me to try out my new jar of Cherry Jam from my field trip to Well's the other day! Off to the grocery store in search of cherries and chicken breasts and a few minutes reprieve from the rising temps. (I'm figuring there will be several necessary trips to the store today...LOL!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 27th? by Gourmet_Mom (Hush, Jean...August ...)
We will be grilling filet mignon, and I'll make a romaine salad to go with it. Might grill a sweet potato too. And watermelon for dessert. Trying to get away from baked goodies. We'll see how long that lasts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 27th? by Mare749 (We will be grilling ...)
I have some fresh corn I need to use but not sure I want just corn on the cob. I'll look around for some type of corn salad and then go from there. There's a lemon and honey chicken recipe from one of the '08 C@H issues I have on my "summer list" so that's a possibility.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 27th? by Trixxee (I have some fresh co...)
We had a huge round of thunderstorms last night, and more are forecast for tonight, so no grilling here! Instead, I'm trying a new recipe for Enchiladas Verdes and another new recipe for Grilled Corn and Chipotle Pepper Salad. I guess we had similar ideas for sides, Trixxee.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 27th? by karyn (We had a huge round ...)
I'm going the Mexican route too karyn! Chicken soft tacos and then a toasted corn salsa sprinkled with cotija cheese.

Your salad looks great!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 27th? by Trixxee (I'm going the Mexica...)
Jambalaya here tonight, but, no shrimp, hello Labs!!! Chicken, pork, smoked sausage, it is smelling great. A nice big boule and farmer's market butter. I'm making biscuits, so folks can make their own shortcakes, peach (cooked in a bit of simple syrup and our housemade bourbon vanilla), strawberry or blueberries. The house is smelling real good.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 27th? by Lorraine (Jambalaya here tonig...)
It's muggy and ugly here tonight. We're trying to get some stuff done in the mobile but it's hot and humid in there and we just can't get it cooled off. We had .8" of rain last night with almost constant lightning, and wind and thunder that shook the motorhome. Didn't sleep much.

We picked up some beautiful organic chicken breasts today and I found some cheese stuffed pasta shells in the freezer. I think some alfredo sauce and some fresh pesto somehow and a nice simple salad. Oh - and some white wine.

We
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 27th? by Lorraine (Jambalaya here tonig...)
Quote:

Jambalaya here tonight, but, no shrimp, hello Labs!!!

Sounds good to me. I use to use THIS recipe from the Tabasco website. Of course, I don't make that here, since there isn't any andouille sausage here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 27th? by cjs (Where the heck has t...)
Spinach fettucine Romano with zukes, summer squash and (sorry, Labs) shrimp. All that talk about shrimp yesterday just got me going.

PJ
PJ