French Cherry Clafoutis(for Gourmet Mom)
  Re: (...)
This is my version of French Cherry Clafoutis. Once learn from Pauline D Loh(my x boss at the Food and Travel magazine), I modified it to use canned cherries.

[Image: cherry-tarts.jpg]

French Cherry Clafoutis
Recipe by Gina Choong

Ingredients
1 can of Dark Sweet Cherries(discard liquid)*
2 eggs
2.5 tbsp fine sugar
40g all purpose flour, sifted
1/8 tsp of salt
125g Double Cream
1.5 teaspoons of Amaretto liquer

Method:
1. Lightly grease bake pan with oil. Add cherries to the dish.
2 Whisk the eggs, cream, sugar, salt and flour together until smooth.
3 Lastly, add Amaretto liquer.
4. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the baking dish.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

Notes
If you use Fresh Cherries, remember to pit the seeds out, give it a good wash.
Depending on the dish you use, you can put as many as 10 cherries in a dish.
The tart will be stained red with the juices from the cherries..that is fine.

This is a tart that is best served warm..not piping hot or cooled till room temperature.

Amaretto liquer is use to hide the strong flavour from the eggs.
People Learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17 New Internationl Version, Bible

tasteoftime.blogspot.com
  Re: French Cherry Clafoutis(for Gourmet Mom) by Gina_Choong (This is my version o...)
Gina, you're a very bad influence...LOL! This sounds wonderful! But now to decide which to make...this or the Fairy Cake? Doesn't a clafloutis have more of a pudding consistency? If so, that may make the difference. I love warm pudding-like desserts over cakes. Oh, dear, I'm in trouble!

BTW, I'm not a huge fan of Amaretto. I'm thinking of subbing Frangelico, but I wonder if the Grand Marnier or even Cointreau would work in this? It's not much.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: French Cherry Clafoutis(for Gourmet Mom) by Gourmet_Mom (Gina, you're a very ...)
Daphne

I AM a bad influence. That's nothing NEW. LOL!

Amaretto is what I have at home at that time. You can use your favorite liquer. Its a warm pudding sort. Just remember not to over cook it..eggs cook pretty fast.
People Learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17 New Internationl Version, Bible

tasteoftime.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: French Cherry Clafoutis(for Gourmet Mom) by Gina_Choong (Daphne[br][br]I AM a...)
"Its a warm pudding sort." That pretty much cinches it. BUT if I do it with Grand Marnier, I'll still be able to do the cake...later...much later...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.