Thursday's Dinner, July 29th?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today?

(eggs here) Last night's Lamb chops were wonderful! Brushed just a little veggie oil on and drizzled Balsamic on each side as they grilled. S&P. So simple, so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 29th? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Unless I loose my mind again today, I'm hoping to finally have the Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Skewers from the Cuisine at Home Grilling Book 3; page 79, the last of my Cookbook Challenge recipes for this month. I've also got to make the infamous NY Cheesecake today to take to YS in Boone this weekend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 29th? by Gourmet_Mom (Unless I loose my mi...)
It's an icky day. If the temp goes up along with the humidity it'll be sliders with moz. cheese and tomatoes and a nice salad.

If it stays cool it'll be pork chops and some horseradish mashed potatoes and a veggie.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 29th? by Harborwitch (It's an icky day. I...)
I was thinking of making coconut pork tenderloin medallions with brazillian black beans but it calls for unsweetened coconut and all I have is sweetened. So I don't know. Something with a pork tenderloin for sure though.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 29th? by Trixxee (I was thinking of ma...)
Why is it everytime I post to one of these it always seems to be left overs...how is that possible? When I am cooking the original dishes? My life is a blur right now getting Laura ready for Spain
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 29th? by DFen911 (Why is it everytime ...)
How exciting, Denise, although I'm sure you have mixed feelings about it. How long will she be there?

Dinner tonight will be grilled pork chops that are resting nicely in a spicy marinade, maybe some rice, and steamed broccoli. Oh, and more watermelon. We live on it in the summer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 29th? by Mare749 (How exciting, Denise...)
Have done a complete about face. I'm going to make C@H's french onion soup and apple chicken crostini.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 29th? by Trixxee (Have done a complete...)
right, Trixxee - either one got the juices going.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 29th? by cjs (right, Trixxee - eit...)
She's gonna be gone from Aug 23, 2010 till June 27th 2011!! If she doesn't find me THE perfect paella recipe she's not comin home
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, July 29th? by DFen911 (She's gonna be gone ...)
Oh, I hope she has a wonderful time Denise! Do you have Skype set up? It worked wonderfully for us last summer when my older son was studying in France.

I'm really excited about our dinner. I found sablefish at the market on Tuesday, and I've been marinating it in a white miso glaze since then. It's a Nobu recipe that gets rave reviews...but I can't imagine any sablefish dish that doesn't. It's my very favorite fish, and show up here really infrequently. I really envy those of you on the West Coast, 'cuz I'm sure it's much more available. I'm serving it with jasmine rice and stir-fried snow peas.