REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini
  Re: (...)
This is from issue No. 68 (April 08). What a great little sandwich! You basically take a toasted baguette slice, spread with dijon mustard, layer whatever kind of greens you like (I had spinach but arugula would be better), add a layer of sliced chicken breast, layer thinly sliced braeburn apple, and then top with a mixture of warmed apple jelly, lemon juice, shallots and S&P. Garnish with chopped chives. The tang from mustard, the freshness and crispness of the apple and the sweet & savory jelly all worked well together.

Even my husband liked it though it might be a little too "ladies luncheony" for some guys. It is a little cumbersome to pick up so I'd suggest using a fork and knife to cut it or top with another baguette slice so you have something to hold it together.

Enjoy!
  Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini by Trixxee (This is from issue N...)
Oh my, this sounds delcious! The picture does make it look cumbersome.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini by Trixxee (This is from issue N...)
Jean, here is my review.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini by Trixxee (Jean, here is my rev...)
Thanks Trixxee! Just looked and they look good (I'm sure I've not made them. )

Haven't looked at this issue for a long time....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini by cjs (Thanks Trixxee! Jus...)
Amazingly, I happen to have everything on hand for this (unless there is frost tonight and the arugula patch turns black...). I'm going to make this for lunch tomorrow...

Thanks, Trixxee!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini by foodfiend (Amazingly, I happen ...)
I think you will really like them!
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Apple Chicken Crostini by Trixxee (I think you will rea...)
We did! I served open-faced and the arugula made it through yet another night.

I also used grilled chicken breast; this was special enough that I'm planning to make it for my parents when we visit next month.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com