What's for Dinner - August 1st?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu?

Chicken is on my list - not sure what I'll do with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - August 1st? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
Cooking food from Campania today. Neapolitan pizzas, antipasti, green salad, coffee granitas and nectarines stuffed with amaretti.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - August 1st? by HomeCulinarian (Cooking food from Ca...)
I want to go to Jeannette's house.

Not sure what we'll have tonight. I'm missing Italian flavors, so maybe spaghetti and turkey meatballs, with a nice green salad. This could change though...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner - August 1st? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
Quote:

What's on the menu?

Chicken is on my list - not sure what I'll do with it.

We have been preparing for houseguests for a week. Jane's Grand-Niece and her family are in town for the national championship girls fast pitch softball tournament. She is a pretty 16 year old thirdbase-girl (404 batting avg) for the Sandhill Slammers and they are from Orangeburg SC. There are 6000 people in the area for the tourney and the hotels are full.

We have been boiling shrimp,jerking pork loin, making chicken salad, pimento cheese, smoking baby backs, and brisket , etc, etc!! Tonight we are having jerk tenderloin, hatch chili cornbread, Spanish rice, and pineapple salsa. Last nite we had green chili chicken enchaladas with guacamole.

Busy but fun!! GO SLAMMERS!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - August 1st? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Ok first off how in the heck is it August 1st already?!?!? My daughter leaves in 22 days

On that note we're doing grilled stuffed poblanos. I am thinking of stuffing them with with cheese, chicken and black beans. MMmmMm And I think I'll also cook up the zucchini I got too.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - August 1st? by DFen911 (Ok first off how in ...)
Tony's making meatloaf and mushroom gravy.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - August 1st? by Mare749 (I want to go to Jean...)
I agree - I want to go the Jeannette's too.

I just put some eggs on to boil, some tuna in the fridge, and I'll thaw the peas in a while - so tuna salad is on the menu.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - August 1st? by Harborwitch (I agree - I want to ...)
We have had hubby's brother around for the weekend. I made a crabmeat and broccoli quiche with orange/avocado salad for lunch. We just polished off the leftovers.

Denise the stuffed pablanos sound very good. I want to try the recipe in "Fresh and Fabulous" book this week. I just bought it at Sam's yesterday and there are so many tempting recipes. I need to go back and see some of the reviews.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - August 1st? by chef_Tab (We have had hubby's ...)
OIY! William refused to pull off for groceries, so he pulled out some hot dogs from the freezer...no buns...LOL! I ate so much for lunch, I may not even eat dinner. UNLESS, I could go to Jeanette's! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - August 1st? by Gourmet_Mom (OIY! William refuse...)
Dan Dan Noodles from Issue 61.

Yes, Jeanette, I think we will all be over...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.