Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76
  Re: (...)
Has anyone made the Ratatouille Tart from issue 76? I've been wanting to try it and was thinking about making it for my monthly luncheon.

And, I'm struggling to think of a protein to go with it.
  Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 by HomeCulinarian (Has anyone made the ...)
According to Julia Child's recipe;
Quote:

As it is strongly flavored it is best when it accompanies plain roast or broiled beef or lamb, pot-au-feu (boiled beef), or plain roast, broiled, or sautéed chicken. Equally good hot or cold, it also makes a fine accompaniment to cold meats, or may be served as a cold hors d'oeuvre.

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 by labradors (According to Julia C...)
Have not made it - and I certainly agree with Julia's recommendations.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 by cjs (Have not made it - a...)
I have not made it, it is beautiful though. How about a chicken or shrimp kebab.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 by esgunn (I have not made it, ...)
I'm making ratatouille this week too and am making the Honey Lemon Chicken from the April 08 issue.
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 by Trixxee (I'm making ratatouil...)
Ratatouille Tart
Here's may attempt at the Tart. It was tasty, but I should have added much more vegetables than I did. Had a lot left over. Impressive on presentation. It was actually a little dry to my surprise.
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 by HomeCulinarian ([url=http://www.face...)
It looks beautiful!! Very much summer. Did you serve a protien with it? What?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 by esgunn (It looks beautiful!!...)
The rest of the menu was chicken breasts marinated with the balsamic dressing from the Ratatouille chicken thighs from CAH Weeknights, a fruit salad, a lettuce salad and No cholesterol chocolate mousse from one of my Mayo Clinic cookbooks. Has tofu in it.
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 by HomeCulinarian (The rest of the menu...)
Very nice menu! So, how was that chocolate mousse? I'm trying to have dessert only once a week.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Tart - Issue 76 by Mare749 (Very nice menu! So,...)
Very pretty, Jeannette! Your menu sounds wonderful! I'm with Maryann, how was the mousse?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.