Hey Bill - Need an Update
  Re: (...)
Saw a show on the top ten (don't know who's top ten they were ) food trucks around the U.S. and got me to wondering how your boys are doing? Fingers crossed for them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hey Bill - Need an Update by cjs (Saw a show on the to...)
It's funny, I've been wondering the same thing. I can't remember if it's Food Network or Cooking Channel, but on of them has a new show coming on where food trucks compete. It looks like it might be a cool show. When I saw it, I thought how cool it would be if his son and crew were on the show!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey Bill - Need an Update by Gourmet_Mom (It's funny, I've bee...)
Yes, I agree, that does sound cool...and we'd love to know how Bill's son and crew are doing
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hey Bill - Need an Update by farnfam (Yes, I agree, that d...)
I am still grumbling about this show :| When I did my interview for Next FoodNetwork Star they asked me for my angle. And that is what I told them I would love to do. Take a food truck around the US stopping in various towns and doing instructional demo's along with taking their favorite street food and tweaking up a bit.

And now this...I'm very pooey about it.
  Re: Re: Hey Bill - Need an Update by DFen911 (I am still grumbling...)
Oh, Denise! That's terrible...they stole your pitch!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey Bill - Need an Update by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Denise! That's ...)
The cads!! ....that just stinks (hugs Denise and pats her back)
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Hey Bill - Need an Update by cjs (Saw a show on the to...)
Quote:

Saw a show on the top ten (don't know who's top ten they were ) food trucks around the U.S. and got me to wondering how your boys are doing? Fingers crossed for them.

When we started this adventure we told Eric that partnerships (or LLC's for two) were difficult to navigate thru the financial waters--the quality of food rarely caused a failure or breakup of the business. Management styles, money management (cash flow and record keeping with constant analysis) more often were the culprit.

The business seems to be doing ok, but the records are incomplete and the management styles of the partners are vastly different. Eric is a mechanical engineer, his partner is a marketing major and has a band. We are negotiating a sale of Eric's part of the business to his partner, or closure. I'll let everyone know how this turns out--I am feeling ok about it at this time. The trailer is ours, so we have the major asset. Partnerships are tough.

Thanks for thinking of us --wish us luck!!! This too shall pass--and much has been learned.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Hey Bill - Need an Update by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That's rough Bill! Everytime I made the "partnership" mistake I regretted it. Twice was enough! I know how you feel. Please keep us updated.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hey Bill - Need an Update by Harborwitch (That's rough Bill! ...)
What rotten luck, Bill. I guess that Eric has some experience under his belt for the next venture, though.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Hey Bill - Need an Update by foodfiend (What rotten luck, Bi...)
I'm so sorry to hear this, Bill. Like the others, I thought of your son the other night when that show was on and was hoping that it was still going well. You are right, partnerships are tough. Wishing Eric all the best in his next venture.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."