Oh Boy, Do I Need Help!
  Re: (...)
I have a new laptop....need I say more??

Anyway, my biggest problem (so far) is - Roy installed Mastercook on the new computer. And the computer store supposedly transferred all the info from my old computer to the new one.

In "Documents --> Library", we can find my added cookbooks, but we can't figure out how to get them integrated into the new M.C.

Labs, is you answer this, PLEASE remember who you're talking to (think kindegarten ) when you answer. Roy is a little more computer savy than I, but sometimes I wonder how much more.

Thank you, thank you if anyone can help....you know who I'm missing right now, don't you all??

I'm sure I'll have other questions/problems, so don't go too far away.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Oh Boy, Do I Need Help! by cjs (I have a new laptop....)
Here is my contribution:

May the Lord help you and give you peace
May the blessings of Heaven be upon you
and, Maybe Billy is still watching over us
and, finally ----good luck!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Oh Boy, Do I Need Help! by Old Bay (Here is my contribut...)
Jean, I had a time figuring this out. Then one day, I just opened the MC folder with each of my cookbooks. Miraculously, they opened IN MC and were thus in the program.

Good Luck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Have never used MC, but I would imagine it should recognise its own files. From what you all have mentioned before, I know that MC has an "import" feature, so that is where I would start looking.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Oh Boy, Do I Need Help! by labradors (Have never used MC, ...)
You know Labs, I tried that, and tried that, and never got it to work. But opening the cookbook files did the trick. They are the ones that look like red books in your MY COLLECTION file that was moved to your computer. They probably put them in your MY DOCUMENTS file, Jean. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll tell you how to find them.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Oh Boy, Do I Need Help! by Gourmet_Mom (You know Labs, I tri...)
Cool! Glad you got it to work.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Oh Boy, Do I Need Help! by labradors (Cool! Glad you got ...)
Now to see if it will work for Jean. I'm assuming, like me, she and Roy tried the import feature and found it not to work. This stumped me, and I'm guessing it stumped them.

Mercy, Billy was SO good at this!
Daphne
Jean,

Just go back to the store and ask what they did, and where did they put your folders and all other info. Sometimes they just don't know what they're doing and you really have to ask.

When I got infected with a virus, the Hubby successfully recovered my laptop, but lost all my email addresses. Of course, I'm still p-od. Some friends don't understand why I don't communicate with them until they contact me. DUH! I don't have their addies until they email me.

Jean, just go back and ask them to show you where your file folders are. If they lost your data, you should seek monetary recourse.

Barbara

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Oh Boy, Do I Need Help! by BarbaraS (Jean,[br][br]Just go...)
I'm sending you strength and good wishes-- my laptop is 7 years old and it's way beyond needing to be replaced but I just can't bring myself to do it. That would be such a nightmare for me! GOOD LUCK!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Oh Boy, Do I Need Help! by foodfiend (I'm sending you stre...)
Jean, I am not sure If Daphne answered you or not- I didn't read all the way through . I had mine on an external hard drive. I was going nuts trying to find my old files and the import feature did not work.

Here is how I got it to work - you are not moving or importing the files - you are just telling MC where to look for them.

From your cookbooks menue/view
File
Open
Navigate to where the files are located
Select the first cookbook
Click Open

Repeat with each additional cookbook until they are all now in your cookbooks view.

I hope this works for you. It is how I made it work.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.