T.G.I.F. Dinner - 8/6??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu and who's goin' out??

We'll have halibut.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 8/6?? by cjs (What's on the menu a...)
The plan is to make the Turkey Chiles Rellenos from Fresh and Fabulous. The charring of the peppers and melting of cheese will be done on the grill instead of in the oven though. It isn't particularly hot, but why heat the kitchen? Maybe I should pick up marguerita fixings while out.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 8/6?? by chef_Tab (The plan is to make ...)
Well, man the past two weeks have been so busy for us. My eldest daughter, who attends UW Stout in Wisconsin, has been having some car trouble. So three trips back and forth, and having the car towed back to Minnesota ($240!), had to work too. Man, one day I was driving back from Wisconin at 2 a.m. It has been hectic.

So yesterday I had to run our errands in the morning, (go to bank, post office, city hall, Kohl's) then to work. Then grocery shopping after work... planning a pool party for Friday afternoon...(((((panting and out of breath now))))))

What was Jean's question? Oh yeah, what's for dinner?

The Chiles Rellenos that I was too pooped out to make last night. And I can't wait!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 8/6?? by luvnit (Well, man the past t...)
Laura - I'm exhausted just reading your post!

This is my family's family reunion weekend. There are 37 of us in four generations. My sister is hosting dinner tonight which will be her venison brats, burgers, sides and lots of adult liquid refreshments.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 8/6?? by HomeCulinarian (Laura - I'm exhauste...)
Laura, your week sounds so hectic. I can relate to the car troubles, though. I've got three in the shop right now! William is surveying out of the Mini today!

I was so stumped yesterday when I went to the store, I picked up a variety of meat...no chicken. Tonight is hamburger or London Broil. I'm thinking about whipping up a Stroganoff. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 8/6?? by Gourmet_Mom (Laura, your week sou...)
Whew, take a deep breath, Laura!!

Have a great weekend, Jeanette!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 8/6?? by cjs (Whew, take a deep br...)
Laura---all will end and all will be okay in the end----take a deep breath and do what you love---COOK???

Haven't decided what's for eats yet--the spirit will move me when I have those hunger pangs.

SOOO much to do and SOOO little time----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 8/6?? by Roxanne 21 (Laura---all will end...)
I've got some mussels in the freezer that I think I'll cook with citrus and jalapeno. We've got to run to town and I'm going to hope to find a nice crusty loaf ( yeah, right) of bread and something for a nice salad.

Laura take a deep breath and know that it will all be better soon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 8/6?? by Harborwitch (I've got some mussel...)
Laura, hope you get some down time soon!

We're having the Honey-Lime Fajitas and the Grilled Corn in Spicy Lime Dressing from #69. I've made some salsa and guac to go with it.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 8/6?? by karyn (Laura, hope you get ...)
"My sister is hosting dinner tonight which will be her venison brats, burgers, sides and lots of adult liquid
refreshments."

......wait, your sister's kids are deer?
Cis
Empress for Life