Review: Turkey Chile Rellenos
  Re: (...)
This is another recipe from Fresh and Fabulous. We absolutely love it. I don't want to compare it to the chile rellenos I have had at Mexican restaurants, it really is a different dish. For me it is actually better. The ground turkey is cooked with seasonings and combined with cottage cheese, tomatoes, and cilantro. Not sure if it was the small poblanos I bought, but I would call the heat level low on this, so for you chili heads, add some heat. I subbed zucchini for the jicama and did not have the ingredients for the salsa verde so we had to do without. I think the salsa would be a great addition, tho the rellenos were great on their own. I was liberal with the cilantro and did not regret it a bit. My only regret was not making more. We ate every bit.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Review: Turkey Chile Rellenos by chef_Tab (This is another reci...)
Thanks for the review, Theresa. This is a dish I've never had before. William just isn't that keen for Mexican, but I think he'd like the pepper part. Maybe I'll try it out on him.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh man, I can hardly wait for Monday to start in on these recipes!!! Thanks for the review Theresa.

The only drawback in the darn book, is it's so hard to find a recipe!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey Chile Rellenos by cjs (Oh man, I can hardly...)
The only drawback (for me) to that book is that I can't find it here. We're getting close on the mail order deadline here so I'm going to have to hope I can find it in CA.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey Chile Rellenos by cjs (Oh man, I can hardly...)
Quote:

The only drawback in the darn book, is it's so hard to find a recipe!!!

I agree, Jean! I didn't notice until today when I looked for the recipe for the chile rellenos. I actually had to flip through the book to find it. Hopefully they won't continue with this format. hint hint
Theresa

I eat turkey on Thanksgiving when I eat at someone else's house.

My favorite chile rellenos is made with a cheese stuffed poblano and a tomato chile sauce over the top--- seasoned ground beef also makes a good filling.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey Chile Rellenos by Old Bay (I eat turkey on Than...)
Just trying to keep my hubby alive as long as possible, Bill. Sure, I would love to slather everything with butter or cheese. But it is nice to know that I can make delicious dinners that are also healthy.
Theresa

Re: Re: Review: Turkey Chile Rellenos by chef_Tab (Just trying to keep ...)
Quote:

Just trying to keep my hubby alive as long as possible, Bill. Sure, I would love to slather everything with butter or cheese. But it is nice to know that I can make delicious dinners that are also healthy.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be thoughtless. I will be better.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey Chile Rellenos by chef_Tab (Just trying to keep ...)
Thanks for the review THersa. I had also been eyeing those! Can't wait to make them.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey Chile Rellenos by esgunn (Thanks for the revie...)
go find your room, Bill!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com