We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen
  Re: (...)
The guy who coordinates the Farmers' Market called last night and said they were opening today so away we went this AM!

There were 2 tables, and mostly cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and cabbage. This is what we came home with:
[Image: DSCN5284_edited.jpg]

Check out the size of the cabbage - for $1.00!!!
[Image: DSCN5285.jpg]

Next week there's supposed to be more - sweet corn included. We'll be there. I couldn't believe that $6.00 got all that beautiful stuff.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen by Harborwitch (The guy who coordina...)
Can you export???

What a bargain!!!!!!!!!

Now what are you gonna do with the goodies??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen by Roxanne 21 (Can you export??? ...)
Congratulations on finding one close!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen by cjs (Congratulations on f...)
OOOOoooo, I am GREEN with envy, and only $6, what a deal
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen by farnfam (OOOOoooo, I am GREEN...)
This is the horseradish Cousin Roy brought us. I picked today - hotter than #ell, humid, and miserable to grate it all and get it in the freezer. It's freezing in small containers and piles so that I can bag them and have them to use later.

[Image: DSCN5290.jpg]

Bob wants stuffed cabbage (in this heat???? ) I may pull off some leaves to use tonight for dinner. The peppers, bells are for ???? and the Hungarian Wax peppers are going to get stuffed with cheese and ??? and baked. Playtime. Hmmmmmm I have some rice in the fridge - some really good burger in the freezer maybe the bells will get stuffed too?

Onions - I need lots of scallions for dinner Tuesday - so these might get used for salads, etc. instead so I've got the scallions for the pork belly.

Re: Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen by Harborwitch (This is the horserad...)
I stuffed my peppers too with shredded chicken, cilantro and cojita cheese.

Save the outleaves and make cabbage rolls, and shread half for a salad and stuff the other half. Man I love cabbage...SO versatle.
  Re: Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen by DFen911 (I stuffed my peppers...)
Creamed cabbage, cole slaw, stuffed cabbage, pickled cabbage, steamed cabbage. Yum. It's all good!
  Re: Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen by Harborwitch (Creamed cabbage, col...)
...and don't forget Beerox (aka Runza & Beirox)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: We went to the FFA Farmers' Market in Tappen by Harborwitch (The guy who coordina...)
Wow Sharon! Those are all beauties!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura