Saturday's Dinner, 8/7??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

We're having steak, thank you very much. and tomatoes and cucumbers. YUM. (one day to go! ) and it hasn't really been that bad, except for reading all the menus you all post that had me drooling.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm thinking of doing BLT's (with turkey bacon) and maybe some fresh corn to go with. Have to go to the store for a few things, so that could change, but that's what I would like to have.

Hang in there, Jean. Only one more day, then you can try lots of new recipes. I can't wait to get my two new Cuisine books!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/7?? by Mare749 (I'm thinking of doin...)
Jean, I'm so impressed you've stuck with it for the past two weeks! I hope your hard work really pays off.

It's dinner and a show for us. We're going to dinner in Atlanta and then to the Fox to see Cats. Should be fun!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/7?? by karyn (Jean, I'm so impress...)
Oh, I love Cats!! Just about worn out my c.d.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/7?? by cjs (Oh, I love Cats!! Ju...)
I think we have the DVD of Cats. Love it. Of course my favorite is still Phantom of the Opera!

I had dinner all planned - new recipe, didn't read it thoroughly - called for ShaCha sauce. I thought it was a misspelling of siracha. Nope. Have to go see if I have Chinese BBQ sauce over at the mobile. Otherwise ??????

Nope! So . . . if it cools off and I get some energy going - wasabi salmon patties, little "tater" thingys with sweet chili sauce and . . . .?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/7?? by Harborwitch (I think we have the ...)
Pizza, Pizza Pizza!

Finally! Made homemade pizza. Well I had made it once before but we didn't care for it. So this time, it was great! Made a sausage, mushroom, tomato. A Margherita Pizza and Jean's BBT - Bacon Basil and Tomato. YUM.

They were all so good. I really need to work on my dough though. Practice, Practice, Practice. It will be tough, but I am sure we can suffer through it. Definately going to freeze part of the dough next time. Even with my mom here, three pizza's were way too much. But the kids love leftover pizza.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/7?? by esgunn (Pizza, Pizza Pizza! ...)
Thanks, Erin! Glad you liked it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/7?? by cjs (Thanks, Erin! Glad y...)
We had corned beef sandwiches at the race track. I kid you not, they make a great one.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/7?? by Trixxee (We had corned beef s...)
Trixxee, I'm so envious - I haven't seen a horse race (except on TV) since we lived in Illinois in the 80s!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/7?? by cjs (Trixxee, I'm so envi...)
Jean - if you have a few minutes, check out Zenyatta's recent races (previous to yesterday). You will be a fan of hers by the end of it and have a big smile on your face. How could you not? By the way, she won again yesterday. Eighteen consecutive wins. Has never lost a race. Only one horse in the last 100 years of record keeping has a better record. We love her. The crowd and announcers get very excited and emotional as you can see! I feel blessed we were able to see her in person yesterday. You'll notice she is always in last place at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fJpTGaP...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_XPH6Eix4