What's for dinner Monday 8/9?
  Re: (...)
I just realized this thread wasn't yet started. I am finally getting around to the beer bratwurst recipe that I think Jean posted for Laura. Instead of simmering on the stove (and heating the kitchen) I have them simmering in the crockpot on the deck. The smell is wafting into the living room and making me hungry! Can't wait to grill them and finally taste the deliciousness.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: What's for dinner Monday 8/9? by chef_Tab (I just realized this...)
Ron is out golfing tonight, so I'll just make a salad, maybe add some tuna.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 8/9? by Mare749 (Ron is out golfing t...)
William forgot my fish...and my goat cheese, so I haven't a clue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 8/9? by Gourmet_Mom (William forgot my fi...)
Thanks Theresa!! Got caught up in sending the book to the printer.....

And, we had our first mid-day 'supper' - I'm liking this. We had Farmer's Market Soup and Bill's cornbread.

Bill is my cooking friend who died a year ago today and I miss him everyday! Bill's death begins the anniversaries of so many deaths we've had in the last few years at this time of year.

I have a lb. of Costco crab meat that is just at the 'use by' date, so I'm going to make a W. W. crab salad for a light dinner later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 8/9? by cjs (Thanks Theresa!! Got...)
Yay Jean!!! Congrats!

I may start doing our big meal in the middle of the day too. Wally will start teaching in a few weeks and his classes are all late in the day. My stomach cannot handle late dinners so this could be a good thing all around.

Gosh, Jean, I remember when your friend Bill died. It doesn't seem like a year has passed. How is his wife doing? I always worry about the surviving spouse. I would be a big mess and you would all have to pass me around the country and give me a pass on the thinking day.
Theresa

Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 8/9? by chef_Tab (Yay Jean!!! Congrats...)
Sushi!!!!! still thinking about sides, besides the edame
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 8/9? by cjs (Thanks Theresa!! Got...)
"we had our first mid-day 'supper'" Wow, Jean, you're being so good!

I'm trying to decide between Mushroom Pork Marsala and hot dogs. It'll be the pork if they got some Marsala in at the store, otherwise it's hot dogs. William is hoping they don't have the Marsala...LOL! He'd be happy with leftovers from last night, but that would put me eating the same thing for three meals. I like that pasta, but not THAT good...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 8/9? by Gourmet_Mom ("we had our first mi...)
Tonight it's pulled bbq'd chicken on tamale pancakes topped with lime crema sauce and diced avocado.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 8/9? by Trixxee (Tonight it's pulled ...)
wow, Trixxee, that sounds awesome!
Theresa

Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 8/9? by chef_Tab (wow, Trixxee, that s...)
Not sure what's on tonight's menu. I have a feeling I may be interrupted by a neighbor with marital problems tonight. She may be looking for some comfort and a glass of wine. Hubby may be on his own to survive on leftovers.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura