What's for Dinner, Wednesday 8/11??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight?

We're treating ourselves - Margherita pizza on Sourdough pizza dough. I'm telling myself to have a veggie platter, but another part of me is saying, forget it, pig out on pizzal.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 8/11?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
After reading Vicci's review, then revisiting the current issue, I am planning to make the trattoria salad with peach glazed chicken skewers. I picked up a large basket of peaches at the Amish farmers market yesterday. I really want to make that bourbon glazed peach pie in Fresh and Fabulous, but that will have to wait until this heat wave passes. No ovens allowed this week!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 8/11?? by chef_Tab (After reading Vicci'...)
Tonight is Pasta with Corn Pesto and some stuffed wax peppers in a light tomato sauce.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 8/11?? by Harborwitch (Tonight is Pasta wit...)
tell me about corn pesto....

(and why didn't I hear about it before Black Beans and Corn was finished?????? )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 8/11?? by cjs (tell me about corn p...)
Because I didn't find it until last week on Food Gawker?????? It just sounds so good, and kind of light.

Pasta With Corn Pesto

Adapted from Lottie + Doof

4 bacon slices
4 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 6 ears of corn)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese, plus more for serving
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup olive oil
8 oz fettuccine pasta
3/4 cup coarsely torn basil leaves

Brown the bacon slices in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning often. Transfer the slices to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings from the skillet, then add the corn, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Saute over medium heat for about 4 minutes, until the corn is tender but not brown.

Transfer 1 1/2 cups of the kernels to a small bowl; set aside. Scrape the remaining mixture into a food processor or blender. Add the cheese and pine nuts, and gradually blend in enough olive oil until the pesto is nearly smooth. Set aside.

Cook the fettuccine in salted water, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking, until almost tender, but still firm. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water; drain the rest. Return the pasta to the pot, and add the corn pesto, the reserved kernels and 1/2 cup torn basil leaves. Toss over medium heat until warm, adding in some reserved pasta water until it reaches your desired consistency. Season with additional salt or pepper if needed.

Serve pasta topped with basil leaves and additional shredded cheese. Crumble a little bacon over the top.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 8/11?? by Harborwitch (Because I didn't fin...)
I can't wait to hear how it turns out, Sharon.

It's not really the right weather for it, but I've been craving the Mushroom Pork Marsala. I finally got some Marsala, so that's what's for dinner tonight. I'll probably make a salad for a side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 8/11?? by Gourmet_Mom (I can't wait to hear...)
Going Turkish tonight. Making lamb chops on the grill and a rice dish with eggplant.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 8/11?? by HomeCulinarian (Going Turkish tonigh...)
Just like Theresa, we're having Trattoria Salad! Peaches are gorgeous right now.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 8/11?? by karyn (Just like Theresa, w...)
We're having the C@H Turkey Chile Rellenos if I can find the poblano peppers for my side by side comparison. Off to the market.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 8/11?? by Mare749 (We're having the [ur...)
I've got some of those little Asian eggplants, but no ideas yet. Looks like some Foodgawker browsing ahead for me
Cis
Empress for Life