Margherita Pizza Wine Recommendation
  Re: (...)
Thumbs up for this Chianti served with Margherita Pizza -

2007 Cecchi Chianti Classico, runs about $10.00 Roy picked it up at Safeway, so should be available to most stores if we ask.

www.cecchi.net

Well, most of the site is in Italian.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Margherita Pizza Wine Recommendation by cjs (Thumbs up for this C...)
Quote:

Thumbs up for this Chianti served with Margherita Pizza -

2007 Cecchi Chianti Classico, runs about $10.00 Roy picked it up at Safeway, so should be available to most stores if we ask.

www.cecchi.net

Well, most of the site is in Italian.....

Ditto!!! Gabbiano (also less than $10) would be good too.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Margherita Pizza Wine Recommendation by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
hmmm, I'll have to look for that one too, Bill.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Margherita Pizza Wine Recommendation by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Gabbiano is one of our favorites. Love the 10.00 one - but our friend Francois was extremely fond of the higher priced model and usually brought that - too fancy for pizza though, perfect for his rack of lamb!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Margherita Pizza Wine Recommendation by Harborwitch (Gabbiano is one of o...)
Sharon!! How can you possibly saw any wine is to fancy for pizza! Shame on you.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Margherita Pizza Wine Recommendation by cjs (Sharon!! How can you...)
I'm going to have to add Chianti to my next list for Sam's. I think I may have seen this one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Margherita Pizza Wine Recommendation by Harborwitch (Gabbiano is one of o...)
Quote:

Gabbiano is one of our favorites. Love the 10.00 one - but our friend Francois was extremely fond of the higher priced model and usually brought that - too fancy for pizza though, perfect for his rack of lamb!!!

Same here - though sometimes I can find the $10 one for $7 and the $14 one for $10 on sale.
  Re: Re: Margherita Pizza Wine Recommendation by cjs (Sharon!! How can you...)
Quote:

Sharon!! How can you possibly saw any wine is to fancy for pizza! Shame on you.

Only because 25 or 30 bucks a bottle is priced a little fancy for pizza (right now).
  Re: Re: Margherita Pizza Wine Recommendation by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
pasawh, pasawh.... (or however it's spelled.)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Margherita Pizza Wine Recommendation by cjs (pasawh, pasawh.... [...)
Well ... uhm, uh, I knew there was a reason we were going to CA.

When we come back to ND next year we're going to have to bring MORE wine.