Thursday's Dinner - 8/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight?

We're having Sausage-stuffed Portobellos from the C@H Low Carb book - have had before and we liked them.

Also, making a tuna tapenade for snacks - will post if any good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner - 8/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Definitely not a summery meal here - mahogany hoisin beef short ribs & carrots over either no-yolk noodles or mashed potatoes. Trying to cook out of the freezer and fridge without buying much for the rest of the week.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 8/12?? by Trixxee (Definitely not a sum...)
We're going to have last night's planned dinner tonight. Of course this will depend on the weather - we were up with major thunder storms most of the night and they still rolling through.

We hauled a load to town yesterday and unloaded it in the heat and humidity, did some shopping and got home to more heat and humidity.

I did a bunch of dishes, Bob puttered with a few things and then we got started trying to set up our wireless cellular router. We got that halfway done (now we have to work on the wireless printer) and just went limp. 2 bowls of popcorn were dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 8/12?? by Trixxee (Definitely not a sum...)
We're not doing summery either. My older son requested spaghetti with meat sauce and Caesar salad before his co-op ends and he goes back to school, where he hates the spaghetti they serve.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 8/12?? by Harborwitch (We're going to have ...)
I got some gorgeous beefsteak tomatoes yesterday, so tonight will be BLT's! Also got some Japanese eggplants to put on the grill. Top with a little provolone and dip in some sauce; makes a great side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 8/12?? by Mare749 (I got some gorgeous ...)
I like the sound of the eggplant, Maryann. I'll have to try that.

I didn't get my kitchen put back together last night, so like Sharon, last night is tonight's dinner. I feel like I've been planning this Mushroom Pork Marsala for weeks...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 8/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I like the sound of ...)
Stephanie has requested Pasta Cobb Salad. I think I have everything I need.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - 8/12?? by esgunn (Stephanie has reques...)
Quote:

Stephanie has requested Pasta Cobb Salad. I think I have everything I need.

That sounds delicious to me right now! Is it a C@H recipe?