Tuna Tapenade
  Re: (...)
This is a good one and most of us have the recipe - it's in MasterCook under MOuth-Watering Appetizers.

Tuna Tapenade
1 6 1/2-oz can water packed albacore tuna -- drained
1/2 cup dry curd cottage cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
3 carrots -- cut into sticks
1 cup broccoli florets
3 celery stalks -- cut into sticks
2 cups cherry tomatoes (optional)

In a food processor or blender, blend the tuna, cottage cheese, lemon juice, mayo, oil, parsley, tarragon and mustard until smooth. Chill.

To serve, arrange vegetables on a platter. Use to dip in the tuna mixture. As a change of pace, use this dip as a spread on toasted pita wedges. 8 servings

Variations: Replace the tuna with canned salmon. Substitute your choice of raw veggies such as whole asparagus, cauliflower, zucchini, or jicama.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 66 Calories; 1g Fat (20.0% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 160mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

I made it with Miracle Whip, but next time I'll use Mayo - it has enough flavor. I've had so many veggies lately, I'm going to have this on a Naan. I've probably had my 1/8 of the recipe already from licking the bowl and spatula.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuna Tapenade by cjs (This is a good one a...)
Thanks for bringing this up, Jean! I do have that cookbook and haven't opened it for a while. Must do that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuna Tapenade by Mare749 (Thanks for bringing ...)
"I've probably had my 1/8 of the recipe already from licking the bowl and spatula." ROFLOL!

Thanks for the heads up, Jean. This sounds really good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Tuna Tapenade by cjs (This is a good one a...)
Hmmmmm, there's a can of tuna in the fridge but I'd need to shop for some of the rest.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuna Tapenade by Gourmet_Mom ("I've probably had m...)
I might even have everything right here! Somehow I am picturing this on crackers tho. Dang, veges would be better for me. I am thinking of adding wasabi?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuna Tapenade by chef_Tab (I might even have ev...)
This would make a great lunch/snack of course, and wasabi does sound good to me too. Would canned salmon work?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Tuna Tapenade by farnfam (This would make a gr...)
Wasabi - yum! Salmon? why not.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com