Hot and Spicy Peanut Butter
  Re: (...)
Hey Sharon, this looked like it was something we needed to try!! I'm still going thru old recipes and found one for "Spicy Peanut Butter Cookies - With Hot, Spicy Peanut Butter."

At the end of the recipe it gives a website for the peanut butter, but I couldn't find it to buy, but googling, I did find a recipe.

Peanut butter is usually paired with something sweet but I’ve begun to explore the other possibilities of our favorite tan-colored paste. While many companies produce flavored peanut butter, few dare to create a savory one. This is an attempt to clone the “Heat is On” peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co., an often overlooked and under-appreciated flavor in my opinion. Make a small batch, or a double batch, but make sure it’s ready for what I’ve got in store. The uses for this spread are endless.

1 cup (1/2 jar) creamy peanut butter
1 1/2t chili powder
1 1/2t cayenne pepper
1t crushed red pepper flakes
1t paprika
1/2t – 3/4t kosher salt (only if using unsalted peanut butter)

1. Mix all ingredients together in a jar and let sit overnight for the flavors and colors to extract. If your tolerance for spicy foods isn’t very high, use only half of the spice, taste it and adjust accordingly. As for the salt, chili powder often contains salt so you may want to add less salt to start, taste, and adjust.
-----

At the end of the cookie recipe the poster said she just added the p.butter to her favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. I'm trying this one for sure. Oh my, with some ice cream....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hot and Spicy Peanut Butter by cjs (Hey Sharon, this loo...)
What a great idea! I am glad you found this Jean. I may even try a small batch with almond butter. Just what I needed, another craving
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Hot and Spicy Peanut Butter by cjs (Hey Sharon, this loo...)
Jean - I know CRS is wreaking havoc with my mind; but haven't I done this one???? I'm almost sure I've done the cookies, will have to look if I get a chance. I even seem to remember the peanut butter - but then what do I know, not my week to think. I do remember mixing peanut butter with chipotle tobasco and/or salsa and dipping tortilla chips in it.

I will try doctoring the peanut butter though.

A bit OT - just wait, I am going to ruin your life - one word; SUNBUTTER! I'll be bringing you a jar of this wonderful stuff!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hot and Spicy Peanut Butter by Harborwitch (Jean - I know CRS is...)
Sharon, is that the stuff made from sunflower seeds?

It's interesting you mention the spicy peanut butter, Jean. I'm thinking one of the shows on Cooking Channel recently did a thing on a guy that's doing a bunch of flavored peanut butters, including a spicy version. Now if I could just remember the show....dang CRS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hot and Spicy Peanut Butter by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, is that the ...)
Oh yeah!!!! I am addicted to this stuff - especially the crunchy. Just had a brain f@rt - this would make some killer salad dressing. MMMMMMMMMM.

Does it occur to anyone that we need a "smiley" of forehead licking????
  Re: Re: Hot and Spicy Peanut Butter by Harborwitch (Oh yeah!!!! I am ad...)
We played with peanut butter around the time we visited you on the river, Sharon. We both found some good ideas for peanut butter - but, I don't remember this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hot and Spicy Peanut Butter by cjs (We played with peanu...)
Quote:

I don't remember this one.

Try THIS from February, 2008.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Hot and Spicy Peanut Butter by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
And there you go. Well done, Labs!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hot and Spicy Peanut Butter by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks for finding that thread Rob. I was looking for this the other day. I absolutely loved these cookies!

They are now on the list!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Hot and Spicy Peanut Butter by luvnit (Thanks for finding t...)
Quote:

Thanks for finding that thread Rob. I was looking for this the other day. I absolutely loved these cookies!

They are now on the list!

Yes, thanks Rob!!! Actually thanks everyone for reminding me about these cookies. Now I have to find some small silpats for my small cookie sheets.