WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?!?!?
  Re: (...)
The Cooking Channel is celebrating Julia Child's Birthday all week! They have even been showing some of her shows every day at 2 PM! Wouldn't you know...the one day left, and I have an appointment at 1:30 tomorrow!!!!

Hold up! They're showing all her shows M-F now! Wouldn't you know they'd start this now that school is starting back! BOOOOOO HOOOOOO!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?!?!? by Gourmet_Mom (The Cooking Channel ...)
Uh - TIVO? DVR??? Gotta be a way! If we were landed and set up I'd record them for you and send you the DVD's - but alas that won't work right away.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?!?!? by Harborwitch (Uh - TIVO? DVR??? G...)
I have neither....WHHHAAAAAAA!

Thanks for the offer, Sharon. But you've got your hands full right now as it is.

As soon as I get to school next week, I'm going to see if we get that channel. If so, I'm going to BEG our librarian to tape them for me. She doesn't like me very much, so there will be lots of groveling involved.
Daphne
  Re: Re: WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?!?!? by Gourmet_Mom (I have neither....WH...)
We don't have our DVR hooked up - it's in the motorhome, but we're waiting for the tripod for the dish first. Once we're hooked up I can record as many as I can fit on the DVR and then record them for you. Duh! It'll record the shows while we're here - then we can put them on DVD's anytime.

I would do that for you.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?!?!? by Harborwitch (We don't have our DV...)
I'll let you know if the librarian will be able to do it. Plus, I've got until September 17, 2010, to figure something out. The whole series starts over then.
Daphne
  Re: Re: WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?!?!? by Gourmet_Mom (I'll let you know if...)
Daphne, not to worry. I can help too, especially if Sharon leaves ND by then. I'll check it out and DVR as much as I can and copy them. BTW, I got a whole series from the library a while back. That's also an option.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?!?!? by Mare749 (Daphne, not to worry...)
You're not going to believe this, but the local library only has a DVD of the "Julia and Julie" video....how pathetic is that?

Maryann, let me know. I have wanted to see her shows again for soooo long! It brings back memories of time I spent with my Grandmother (maternal). The Raleigh, NC station carried her shows at around noon every day, and it was a "must see". I regret that was my only experience with the show....except for my Saturday Night Live experience....LOL! I have wanted to view this series for ages!
Daphne
  Re: Re: WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?!?!? by Gourmet_Mom (You're not going to ...)
darn, I wish we got that channel AND I wish I knew how to get shows we've 'taped' or whatever it is we do to cd so we could take them in the trailer....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com