Is this OT or food related "milk" or "beef"
  Re: (...)
We were just kicking back this afternoon when Bob looked out the front window of the motorhome - this was what we saw

[Image: DSCN5298_edited-1.jpg%5Bbr%5D%5Bbr%5D][Image: DSCN5297_edited.jpg]

Pictures aren't great - taken through the windows, but they were within 75'. Oooops, fence down somewhere!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Is this OT or food related "milk" or "beef" by Harborwitch (We were just kicking...)
Somebody will be looking for those gals very soon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Is this OT or food related "milk" or "beef" by Gourmet_Mom (Somebody will be loo...)
They saw a neighbor's pickup and booked outta here. They're so sweet looking. But not the big bull we didn't realize was here.
  Re: Re: Is this OT or food related "milk" or "beef" by Harborwitch (They saw a neighbor'...)
"But not the big bull we didn't realize was here." OIY! Those guys can be really scary! At least they got out of there.

It's funny, I still keep up with Pioneer Woman. Their cattle guard is in disrepair. A while back they brought one of the cows into the yard because she was sick. Now she comes in the yard regularly. She took the coolest picture this spring of Daisy sticking her head in an open window while standing on the porch...LOL! She spends so much time on the porch, PW spends a lot of time scooping up giant piles of poop...LOL! She's spent so much time with them, the kids can ride on her back.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Is this OT or food related "milk" or "beef" by Gourmet_Mom ("But not the big bul...)
That's so sweet.

I keep getting different thoughts on the "petability" of cows and calves. I am a nut case in that I have to say "good morning" to all the little cow herds we say daily. When we get back here I want cows.
  Re: Re: Is this OT or food related "milk" or "beef" by Harborwitch (That's so sweet.[br]...)
Oh, Sharon...you've not petted one before? The cows are very "pet-able"...if they'll let you get near them...most will. Now the bulls on the other hand....

You'll be really surprised at the feel of their coat...at least I was. As a kid they looked so sleek and soft, but their coat is very coarse. But they're sweet, though. My grandfather didn't like for me to be friendly with the cows, which was weird, he'd let me get close to the pigs. Go figure. I guess he didn't want me to get hurt, plus they were in a big field, while the pigs were in close quarters. I could only get close to the babies, though. It's funny, I never thought of one of the cows or pigs as dinner in all those years.
Daphne