Apricot Lamb Chops C@H Review
  Re: (...)
Well, we were really split on this one. Roy absolutely loved this dish - and gave it a 9 1/2. He would give it a 10 if I make it again and add just a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.

While I like all the components, as much as I love rice and grilled lamb chops, I would have been so content with just that!
[Image: CIMG0872.jpg]

We tried a Columbia Crest Saug. Blanc with it and it was very good.

If Roy whines, I will make it again, but probably not. Oh, and a p.s. another Roy note: he loves the sweet savory of the apricots jam with chix stock and thyme and would love it cooked down a little more and have on waffles. That, I may do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Apricot Lamb Chops C@H Review by cjs (Well, we were really...)
It looks really good. Very pretty. I can't wait to get back to somewhere where lamb ins considered edible.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Apricot Lamb Chops C@H Review by Harborwitch (It looks really good...)
Your plating is gorgeous!

I think we'd be split on the dish as well, though. I've done a few protein/cooked peaches or apricots recipes recently, and usually wind up feeling like I would have preferred that the fruit be left alone to enjoy...perhaps with some whipped cream or ice cream.
  Re: Re: Apricot Lamb Chops C@H Review by karyn (Your plating is gorg...)
I agree with the fruit and protein thing. Very often, I'm not happy with it....thus I'm not sure about the Tratorrie (sp?) Salad recipe.

Luckily, William would be with me on this one also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Apricot Lamb Chops C@H Review by cjs (Well, we were really...)
Looks so good, I think I mentioned wanting lamb recently and just must splurge. I doubt Picky would go for this so he can have a few Schonlands.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Apricot Lamb Chops C@H Review by pjcooks (Looks so good, I thi...)
Beautiful dish, Jean. Any chance you weren't that happy with the results because you are sick? Taste buds could be off a bit...Sure looks good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Apricot Lamb Chops C@H Review by Mare749 (Beautiful dish, Jean...)
you could be right Maryann - I wasn't happy with my 'beloved' poblanos either....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apricot Lamb Chops C@H Review by cjs (you could be right M...)
It's amazing how much even just a little bit of a cold can throw off your taste. Remember: most of what people think of as the "taste" of a food is actually from smell, not taste. When your nose gets congested, you stop noticing the smells as much and start noticing the taste buds (sweet, sour, bitter, salt and umami) more. Thus, for example, everything may taste salty, even though there is nothing wrong with it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?