An old friend needs our help!
  Re: (...)
This was on Facebook this morning:

"Lj Ames I have realized I have permanently lost nearly a thousand personal recipes due to flooding including things hand written from several friends (some who are no longer with us) I would like ALL of my culinary friends here on Facebook to send me one or two recipes that are important to them or their families or work if you don't mind. I am in hopes to replace two 4 inch binders FULL of notes and recipes!"

If someone has his email addy I figure we could deluge him with recipes. I feel so bad for him.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: An old friend needs our help! by Harborwitch (This was on Facebook...)
Oh geez!! He must be devastated.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: An old friend needs our help! by cjs (Oh geez!! He must be...)
I just emailed him using the last email I had from him...been a while. If he responds, I'll let everyone know. If he still uses this address, I can PM the address to those who wish to send recipes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: An old friend needs our help! by Gourmet_Mom (I just emailed him u...)
On FB he lists one in his contact info (bottom of page).
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: An old friend needs our help! by farnfam (On FB he lists one i...)
It must be your day to think! Thank you for being smart! Now to start deluging him with recipes.
  Re: Re: An old friend needs our help! by Harborwitch (It must be your day ...)
Hope that will lift his spirits!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: An old friend needs our help! by farnfam ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
You know I was just wondering about LJ. On one of the snippets of news I caught it was talking about the flooding in Ames and he came to mind. I would imagine he is devastated. Not like he hasn't had enough challenges in his life! I'll see what I can pull together, but whoever is talking to him please send along our best thoughts - I don't FB!
  Re: Re: An old friend needs our help! by iBcookin (You know I was just ...)
I sent him Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs - this was his response:

Thank you Sharon! Some how I had a funny feeling that recipe would come my way...makes me smile when I think of Billy. I still can't walk by a tie-dye kit without thinking of him. We were in "talks" about having a tie-dyed chef coat made for me towards the end. If I ever get back into professional cooking (looking like a real possibility in next year or so) I am having one made to remind me how much fun cooking is supposed to be.

L.J. Ames, CCC, CCP, MWMCS

I'm going to figure out more to send him. I can so relate to what he's going through after the flood on the Island that we went through.
  Re: Re: An old friend needs our help! by Harborwitch (I sent him Grandmoth...)
Oh my goodness! That is terrible news! I will have to send him some recipes too. At least his family is safe, that is the important thing. Now it's just picking up the pieces.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: An old friend needs our help! by Harborwitch (This was on Facebook...)
How did I miss this? How sad for them. I'll look through my stuff and send along what he sent me.

I hope they are all okay.

PJ
PJ