Sunday Dinner, 8/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Well, don't dare join the folks for pizza (darn), but have no idea yet. Vicci's Soba Noodle dish that Maryann made yesterday is lookin' and soundin' good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/15?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I will have to check out those sobas for later on in the week. Tonight we are having a dinner for my #1 DD's birthday. She is 20! So tonight's dinner will be vegan AND kosher.

Jalapeno poppers (made with tofu cream cheese)
Black Eyed Pea Dip (or Texas Caviar)
Mushroom bruschetta
Mesclun Salad with tomato vinaigrette and chive and basil croutons
Linguine with gremolata
Penne with roasted marsala mushrooms
brownies (no egg or dairy)(silken tofu and soy milk)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/15?? by luvnit (I will have to check...)
Great sounding menu, Laura! And, happy birthday to #1 DD.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/15?? by cjs (Great sounding menu,...)
Sounds like a lot of food, but it sounds like her father would like to stop by too and celebrate with us. I added another appy and another entree just in case. If we have leftovers for lunches this week that will be great.
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/15?? by luvnit (Sounds like a lot of...)
Have a great time, Laura, and Happy Birthday DD!

Going to the inlaws for dinner tonight. SIL came in from NY for the weekend. I overheard something about steaks. I'll take a pineapple upside-down cake.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/15?? by luvnit (Sounds like a lot of...)
Dinner sounds good Laura - and Happy Birthday to DD.

I think we'll finally have the pepper steak tonight. The rice is cooked and ready to be fried. I still have cabbage - maybe I'll stir fry some of that too. Hmmm have to go over to the mobile and grab my Chinese cookbooks.

I have to make a mixed herb pesto today, just finished making 2 pans of Maple Cinnamon mini doughnuts. (I love my little mini doughnut pan - found at Salvation Army brand new for 79 cents.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/15?? by Harborwitch (Dinner sounds good L...)
Sharon, we did fried rice the other night. It was fabulous. I remember hearing or reading a long time ago that fried rice was invented by mothers so they could get rid of bits of veggies and bits of leftover meats from the week. So when I made fried rice the other day and found 1/2 head of cabbage in the fridge, shredded it finely and added it to the fried rice mixture. It kinda looked like bean sprouts. It was really good. I am going to have to make another batch this week and add the rest of the cabbage and zucchini I have.
Laura
Not sure. Grilling or salad I am sure. I have 1/2 a head of Nappa cabbage that needs to be used up. I am just drawing a blank. Anyone have any ideas?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/15?? by esgunn (Not sure. Grilling...)
Lots of cabbage around here! I'm finally making C@H's Vietnamese Noodle Soup with little pork meatballs and................napa cabbage!
Quote:

What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Well, don't dare join the folks for pizza (darn), but have no idea yet. Vicci's Soba Noodle dish that Maryann made yesterday is lookin' and soundin' good.

You won't be sorry, Jean. It was very good! The only variations from the recipe that I made was a little less soy sauce since I didn't have the low sodium variety, so just used a little more vegetable broth that I had from corn husks. Also, left out the chicken since we were having it for a side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."