Well, the time has come....
  Re: (...)
for me to go back to school. Tomorrow is opening day for teachers. I have a lot of sitting to do....half of it on bleachers at the high school....OIY! I WILL be off Friday, but Monday things get into full swing. It's been a great summer, but it flew by WAY too fast.

AS a funny aside...today,at about 1:30, I had a VERY freaky few minutes. I was calling my dentist to reschedule an appointment and pulled up the staff calendar so I would have available days, if needed. I looked at August and saw Wednesday, August 19th, Opening Day!!!!!!! I raced for the closet, shouting craziness! I called William shouting..."TODAY IS THE 19TH...I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AT SCHOOL!!!!!!!"

Before he could reply, I had looked at the screen again and realized I was looking at LAST year's calendar.

SOMEBODY needs to remove that calendar from the website. This is not the first time I got confused by this thing. WHEW! I sat shaking freakishly for almost an hour afterward.

Anyway, I'll see you in the evenings and weekends!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Well, the time has come.... by Gourmet_Mom (for me to go back to...)
Our campus move in day is tomorrow as well. I love the return of the students and the start of a new semester; however, I'm not a teacher.

Daphne, you are so important to the kids and our collective future. We'll look forward to your post as you have time. Best!
Of course it wouldn't have been removed from the website yet: THIS year hasn't opened, yet, so nobody's there to do anything about it. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Good luck tomorrow, Daphne. It's got to be so hard going back in August. I hope the coming weeks aren't too rough.

Holly had to go back last week already for meetings, meet the teacher night, and just to get her classroom ready. Yesterday was her first day with the kids back in class. She's holding up pretty well, but misses her girls who have been staying with us overnight so that Bob doesn't have to bring them early in the morning. They start back next Wednesday, but the school is right in their new backyard.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Well, the time has come.... by Mare749 (Good luck tomorrow, ...)
I hope this is the start of a great year for you, Daphne.

I had a really hard year last year, so I'm taking this semester off. John is loving it, and we have some fun trips planned over the next few months, but it's the first time in over 15 years that I haven't gone back to school in August. It's really weird! I don't know how long I'll stick to just tutoring....
  Re: Re: Well, the time has come.... by karyn (I hope this is the s...)
Wow, I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by (and again, the N.W. mantra - what summer???? ). And, it must have been even faster for you, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Well, the time has come.... by cjs (Wow, I can't believe...)
Best Wishes, Daph
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Well, the time has come.... by farnfam (Best Wishes, Daph [i...)
I am thinking of the Daphne! Hope your school year is a good one! We are starting back next week too. I think this year will be a little more challenging for us.

Karyn. I hope you really enjoy your semester off. I'd love to tutor or be a reading teacher but I don't think I have it in me to go back and get a teaching degree...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Well, the time has come.... by esgunn (I am thinking of the...)
Oh Daphne I cannot believe it's time for you to go back already! I hope today goes smooth, probably takes the kids a few days to settle in I imagine.

Do be sure to let us know how it all went. I be some kids will be very excited to see you too!
Daphne, I know how you feel. Tomorrow is my last day at the Dairy Bar. I'll be going to my new position Monday AM. We don't open until the 27th but there's a lot to do. Next week is training for the Pita Pit franchise, which I'm understanding to be my baby. The new retail [censored]'t (they censored the abbreviation for Assistant) manager met with me today (during lunch rush, I had to keep jumping up and assisting on the line-I felt bad but I couldn't leave one person to do all that-) and we started to go over the ordering process. I've a lot to learn but I'm excited. Unless a new concept opens up that I need to figure out, I get bored pretty easily. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

My schedule is all over the place next week. And to top it all off, I'm getting a raise, starting next month- and retroactive from January!

I've been moved several times in the last 8 years, sometimes I wondered, what the hel? are they doing?? It all became clear a little while ago. They were keeping me busy until something like this opened up. So. I'm a little nervous but looking forward to my new position.

Good luck, Daphne and Jeannette, with the new school year! Here's to all of us who work in academia, in one form or another!

PJ

Daphne, regarding last years calendar, I did the same thing last week-
PJ