Crema di Balsamico ?
  Re: (...)
Has anyone used this product or have access to it??

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_5ulcnzpb6f_b

I found it on Amazon for those of you who aren't familiar with it. The brand I have is Casa Rinaldi and it is just wonderful!! It's thick and so yummy.

Anyway, I've made a vinaigrette out of it, but because I don't know if this particular product is widely available, I'm thinking I may have to go back to the drawing board and use regular balsamic. But, if enough people are familiar, I'll leave as is.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Crema di Balsamico ? by cjs (Has anyone used this...)
Interesting you mention this. I have been recently wondering about the different balsamic vinegars and their quality. I would love an education on the topic and be able to choose a balsamic better than the ones we have access to. I think our store only sells two brands and I am not sure of their quality.

But maybe I would never be able to tell the difference anyway.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Crema di Balsamico ? by luvnit (Interesting you ment...)
I haven't heard of this - yet. Geeze Jean! I don't need any more stuff for the pantry!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Crema di Balsamico ? by Harborwitch (I haven't heard of t...)
"But maybe I would never be able to tell the difference anyway."

Oh yes, you would be able to, Laura! The best way I've found is to pick up the ones available and pour a little in small bowls and dip plain sourdough bread chunk in it - You'll pick up every nuance of the vinegars.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Crema di Balsamico ? by cjs ("But maybe I would n...)
I just might have more balsamic than wine right now! My favorite is with figs. Lush, drizzled over some gorgonzola and smeared on bread.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Crema di Balsamico ? by Harborwitch (I just might have mo...)
Laura, if you have a Whole Foods near you, their 365 brand balsamic vinegar is very good.

Jean, I have never heard of this product, but it certainly does sound tasty.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Crema di Balsamico ? by foodfiend (Laura, if you have a...)
I looked it up and we have two Whole Foods in our state. I will go get the 365 and give it a try! I am excited!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Crema di Balsamico ? by luvnit (I looked it up and w...)
I first bought it in Montreal, then found it in Toronto. Whole Foods and Harris Teeters both sell it here. We've used it on a salad, but I can't remember which salad, I think it was roasted beets over mixed greens. It's a nice product, and saves ne the time of reducing my own.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Crema di Balsamico ? by Lorraine (I first bought it in...)
That's what I liked about it also, Lorraine.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Crema di Balsamico ? by cjs (That's what I liked ...)
I've never seen this. I'll keep an eye out....sounds good to me.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.