Cedar Planked Brie with berries
  Re: (...)
I saw this on an RV forum this am - and Jean I thought this was right up your alley.

Cedar Planked Brie with berries

1 untreated cedar plank- about 15x6 inches
1 small round (4 1/2 oz) Brie cheese
1/2 cup diced mango
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 tsp kosher salt- or table salt- I used kosher
2 TBSP honey
A sliced baguette or crackers

1. Soak the plank for at least 30 minutes.

2. Remove plank from water. Place cheese on plank. Spoon mango and berries over cheese. Sprinkle with salt.

3. Place plank with cheese and berries on grill over medium heat. Cover grill, cook 15-20 minutes or until cheese is warm.

4. Remove plank from grill. Transfer cheese and fruit to serving plate. Drizzle honey over cheese and fruit. Serve with crackers/ bread.

This was tasty!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Cedar Planked Brie with berries by Harborwitch (I saw this on an RV ...)
Oh, doesn't thst sound fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cedar Planked Brie with berries by cjs (Oh, doesn't thst sou...)
Now that's shouting "summertime entertaining!" to me.
Thanks Sharon-- it's copied and pasted.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Cedar Planked Brie with berries by foodfiend (Now that's shouting ...)
Oh what a wonderful idea! I love this and will find some excuse to make it very soon. I even picked up two packages of cedar planks at a Costco when I last saw one..........I really miss Costco.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Cedar Planked Brie with berries by chef_Tab (Oh what a wonderful ...)
"I really miss Costco." LOL! There's one in Wilmington!!!!!

This sounds wonderful! Thanks, Sharon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cedar Planked Brie with berries by Gourmet_Mom ("I really miss Costc...)
I'm glad everyone like this.

I have the planks - I just need the cheese and fresh berries. Oh, and some good bread.
  Re: Re: Cedar Planked Brie with berries by Gourmet_Mom ("I really miss Costc...)
Quote:

"I really miss Costco." LOL! There's one in Wilmington!!!!!

I know Daphne, I actually went into it twice, even though I was only in town for two nights and one day. In fact, I was in there when you called me, remember? Thats where I picked up the cedar planks, in fact!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Cedar Planked Brie with berries by chef_Tab ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh man that sounds really good!! What a great BBQ appetizer. I have the planks and the brie...now to get some berries
  Re: Re: Cedar Planked Brie with berries by DFen911 (Oh man that sounds r...)
And the mango!

I'd love to make this - but it's blowing, going to storm, and that's not good for BBQ.
  Re: Re: Cedar Planked Brie with berries by Harborwitch (And the mango![br][b...)
I dug this up because it's going to be tonight's appy.

. . . . so I'm outside, brushing the bread with olive oil to grill, the berries and mango are ready, the cheese is there, the plank is soaked. . . . and it begins to sprinkle, and thunder, and pour. Bob scrambled to get the awning down, we moved the table, gave up and brought everything inside . . . the sun is trying to come back out.