Monday's Dinner, 8/23??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu?

We're having burgers and 3-bean salad - again, it was good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
I am making those chili rubbed pork chops again. Been craving them. I have a couple of zucchinis I need to use so I am making up a casserole loosely based on a recipe that Maryann posted a while ago. It is hubby's first day teaching at Penn State so dinner conversation should be interesting
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/23?? by chef_Tab (I am making those ch...)
Took a couple of ideas from foodfiend's blog. Greek chicken roulades with white wine reduction and lemon orzo pilaf. Will round out the meal with sauteed spinach.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/23?? by chef_Tab (I am making those ch...)
Left overs again Made Laura's favorite meal last night for her going away dinner - roasted red pepper soup, foccacia bread and salad with pancetta, sauted pears and gorgonzola.

I cannot believe she's offically gone. Seems like yesterday I was bragging at work "Well next year Laura will be in Spain" and here it is today and she's off. *sniff*
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
I think it'll be the Ancho Chili Chicken from one of the Cuisine for Two's. It sounds really good - I think cheese enchiladas and a salad.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/23?? by DFen911 (Left overs again [im...)
You've been in my thoughts, Denise. That's got to be rough even though you are happy for Laura. Hang in there.

Dinner tonight will be grilled eggplant topped with prov, and a side of angel hair with fresh tomato sauce.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/23?? by DFen911 (Left overs again [im...)
Oh man - that's gotta be rough! I just can't imagine how much she's going to experience and learn.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/23?? by Harborwitch (Oh man - that's gott...)
Oh, Denise! >>>>>>BIG OL'HUG<<<<<<<<<<

I had open house tonight, William brought the employee home, I was exhausted, they ate at the farm, and I ate Spaghetti'os...LOL! I know.....But the Vodka was particularly good and the Cabernet Sauvignon was spectacular....LOL!

I have a technology workshop tomorrow...OIY! It's an all day "thing", and I've had state level training in all but one....the document camera. There's only one in our building to share with 16 teachers. Knowing what it does, I can't see wasting my time, because there are so many other ways to do the same thing. For those that don't know what it is...maybe you remember those "old timey" OPAQUE PROJECTORS? It does the same thing, but it's a very small set up. It's going to be a trying day.

I guess I'll spend the day thinking up dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.