CarbLovers - Had to Post This One
  Re: (...)
I'm not sure who else besides Maryann and me are so crazy about Mexican food, but just had to post the 'dinner' we just had.

[Image: CIMG0883.jpg]
6" corn tortillas - 3 for each person

And to be split tween 2 folks:
1 can black beans
6 T. shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce (no way could we work that much in!)
1 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup salsa

The instructions said to heat the beans in the microwave and put everything on the tortillas for serving.

But, I heated the grated carrots and the beans in a pan so we would have a hot meal. I also had to throw some chopped onions on it - no way to have tacos without onions.

This was so good. I don't repeat meals very often, but especially with doing the mid-day thing, this one is so easy and fast and GOOD.

Maryann, go for it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: CarbLovers - Had to Post This One by cjs (I'm not sure who els...)
YUM, we loves the Mexican food How many calories did they say this has?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: CarbLovers - Had to Post This One by farnfam (YUM, we loves the Me...)
420 cal; 8g fat; 25mg chol; 69g carb; 17g fiber
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh man Jean - now I understand why Roy wouldn't bother you!!

That will be an easy meal.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: CarbLovers - Had to Post This One by Harborwitch (Oh man Jean - now I ...)
You must be a mind-reader Jean. That's one of the recipes that I copied and it's sitting right here on my desk! I made a note on it to add the onions. Have to add onions!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: CarbLovers - Had to Post This One by Mare749 (You must be a mind-r...)
"Oh man Jean - now I understand why Roy wouldn't bother you!!" - I had started heating the tortillas, Sharon.

Knew you'd be on this one, Maryann.
www.achefsjourney.com
So what do you both think of the book and the diet? I saw the book at Sam's club the other day. But I was in a hurry and did not pick it up to look at it. I still have it on hold through my Library.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: CarbLovers - Had to Post This One by esgunn (So what do you both ...)
I think the book is terrific in that most of the meals are around 400 calories, which is perfect when you are trying to lose weight. Most recipes are high in fiber to help keep you full. All in all, I think it's a pretty great book.

My only complaint is that a lot of the recipes sound like they need something added to be a bit more flavorful; herbs, spices, something....but without adding anything substantial to the calorie count.

So, for those of us trying to eat healthier, I would say this book could be a great guideline, but we all may need to "play" with the recipes a bit. As for the "diet" they describe, I'm sure it's great if you are the type of person who can follow someone else's meal plan.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: CarbLovers - Had to Post This One by Mare749 (I think the book is ...)
We (both of us) are enjoying this regime. It's easy and altho I've had to season up every recipe, that's no problem at all. And, best of all, Roy is finally admitting he doesn't seem to need meat at EVERY meal. Now that's progress!!

The book really gives wonderful guidelines.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CarbLovers - Had to Post This One by cjs (We (both of us) are ...)
I'll have to check this out, although Bob and I have both been dropping pounds - and we're not sure why. Perhaps it's because we're getting a lot more exercise with the moving/packing stuff.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!