My new job- finally!
  Re: (...)
Started yesterday, setting up the store. Convenience items, just a lot of busy work. Dealing with electricians, plumbers, other guys. Starting to get ready for the Pita Pit franchise. A lot to set up. The former dining hall manager was also the retail manager so he blended us together.

Now we are separate. I've got a whole lot to do. Order our own equipment, find our own space to store our product and it's ahellofalot better than flipping omelets.

Pita Pit training starts tomorrow. Being the supervisor I have the next 9 days straight at work with training and new student workers. And I have still have to train to be a Starbucks Barrista.

Not anyone's dream job of being a cook, but I am fully benefited and I work days, Monday through Friday. I'm lucky I've been able to keep those hours all these years in this business.

Has anyone ever been to a Pita Pit? Jeanette, do you have one on campus?

I've got my hands full at the moment but I'm almost lovin' it (can't jinx myself)!

PJ
PJ
  Re: My new job- finally! by pjcooks (Started yesterday, s...)
PJ, I'm sure hoping you'll share some of your ideas for fillings for pitas.

Sounds like you're going to have a good and interesting year!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Congratulations, PJ!!!! I know you're excited! And to be in one place....WOW! I would love to know what you think of the barrista training. Do you get to learn how to make all those fancy shapes with the cream? I've always thought that would be cool to know how to do!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My new job- finally! by Gourmet_Mom (Congratulations, PJ!...)
Quote:

Congratulations, PJ!!!! I know you're excited! And to be in one place....WOW!

And yet I was told to hold on to my Dairy Bar shirts

and my chef coats 'cause I just might be needed to fill in...

That's okay with me. I don't mind helping out.

And I am excited!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: My new job- finally! by Gourmet_Mom (Congratulations, PJ!...)
Quote:

Congratulations, PJ!!!! I know you're excited! And to be in one place....WOW! I would love to know what you think of the barrista training. Do you get to learn how to make all those fancy shapes with the cream? I've always thought that would be cool to know how to do!

When I learn, I'll fill you in, Daphne!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: My new job- finally! by cjs (PJ, I'm sure hoping ...)
Quote:

PJ, I'm sure hoping you'll share some of your ideas for fillings for pitas.

Of course I'll share! Once I know what they are!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: My new job- finally! by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
OMG it sound so wonderful - busy, exciting, all the cool stuff. I'm so happy for you and know that you will be so excellent!

Keep the chef's coats and the faith!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Yea PJ! How exciting.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: My new job- finally! by esgunn (Yea PJ! How exciti...)
Oh, that is just wonderful, PJ! So nice to be hearing such happy news. Best of luck with all your training and setting up the Pita Pit. Hope this will be a wonderful year for you!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My new job- finally! by Mare749 (Oh, that is just won...)
M-F is the best for food service folks. Yes, we have a Pita Pit in campus town, actually, one of our advisors husband's had the franchise. But he lost it because he couldn't control the costs. They were open very late - taking in the college drunks after bar close... anyway, he went bankrupt. Not a happy story to tell you here.

I've tried it a couple of time and like the fact that the ingredients are fresh and made up while you can watch. Just think you really need to watch your food costs. Get the employees on board with that and you'll be good.