What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 8/25??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight?

We're having salmon and roasted taters.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 8/25?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
There's no wind so it looks like we're going to have the porterhouse dinner. Yummmmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 8/25?? by Harborwitch (There's no wind so i...)
I'm thinking CL Black Bean Tacos. Jean, did you make your own corn tortillas? I've never done it, but it does look easy enough. My first attempt at flour tortillas was just okay.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 8/25?? by Mare749 (I'm thinking CL Blac...)
I played with making them for the B.B. & Corn book - but I'm still not proficient with them as I feel with flour.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 8/25?? by cjs (I played with making...)
If I haven't keeled over from the heat by dinner time, it will be blackened chicken & mushroom quesadillas.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 8/25?? by Trixxee (If I haven't keeled ...)
Book club dinner tonight, so I don't know. Hubby will be having leftovers.

We read Kitchen Chinese this month. It's a little bit about food, but not really. Kitchen Chinese is a reference to the main character's Chinese language skills not being adequate when she moved to China.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 8/25?? by HomeCulinarian (Book club dinner ton...)
As I mentioned in another thread, my back is so bad off, I'm not fixing dinner tonight. I made the decision when I realized I had enough left over from last night, I'd have lunch for tomorrow. William is going into town for Bible Study, so he's picking up burgers...that's how bad it is.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 8/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (As I mentioned in an...)
awww, poor Daphne. I hope your back feels better soon. How awful to have to stand all day in that pain. I hope you have some Aleve.

I am grilling salmon and making a salad on the side. Just sold my car....woohoo! Martinis on the patio to celebrate.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 8/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (As I mentioned in an...)
Oh Daphne I totally understand. I got up this am and cleaned house, did all of the dishes from yesterday (had to wait for Bob to fill the water tank), got the brine for the corned venison made, and got the seasonings ready for tomorrow's batch of sausage, and then we stuffed 10 lbs of sausage. The muscles in my back are cramping really badly.

Theresa - congratulations on selling your car.

We're still on for the steak dinner, just might scale back on the sides . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 8/25?? by Harborwitch (Oh Daphne I totally ...)
I wish I lived closer to all of you. I would crash somewhere. I simply don't want to cook. So my first course will be a glass of wine, my second a glass of wine, you get the picture.

You know, it's not the cooking I mind. It's the dam (don't want to get a reputation for being censored) cleaning up.

PJ
PJ