Dinner Friday, 8/27/2010
  Re: (...)
I can't wait to post what's for dinner. Maggie is cooking again and she is making Easy Chicken Fajitas and for dessert it will by Candy Crunch. These are both from Jean's Chef-a-Nota Maggie's Cookbook. I am excited for her to cook tomorrow!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Dinner Friday, 8/27/2010 by luvnit (I can't wait to post...)
Can I borrow Chef Maggie??? I could use someone to cook dinner around here for a few days.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday, 8/27/2010 by Harborwitch (Can I borrow Chef Ma...)
Oh, Laura...how cute! You ARE going to video, aren't you?!?!?!? At least take pictures!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday, 8/27/2010 by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Laura...how cute...)
I enjoy hearing about Chef-A-Nota's cooking adventures... keep them coming!

Tonight I have our faculty awards banquet to attend with hubby, one of the nicer catered meals of our regular banquet circuit.
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday, 8/27/2010 by HomeCulinarian (I enjoy hearing abou...)
Way to go, Maggie!! And if Maggie gives them a good review, I'll make them also.

We're having Lamb chops - One (1!) lamb chop each, we have ALWAYS eaten two of these little buggers, but we will be good, come h*ll or high water. Also, have some artichokes that are ripe and maybe a little brown rice.

For the lamb, watched B. Flay rub with a little oil, s&p and sprinkle of garam masala and grilled them, so will give this a try. sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday, 8/27/2010 by cjs (Way to go, Maggie!! ...)
We're going with the Thai Curry Mussels, some crusty bread and perhaps a salad?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday, 8/27/2010 by Harborwitch (We're going with the...)
Hitting the open road in the RV this weekend(campground is at the beach, 30 whole minutes away). LOL. Keeping it simple - burgers and whatever two side salads my husband picks up at Claro's, a great little Italian market.

I'm also going to make a white sangria with peaches when we arrive for my sister and I to enjoy while we watch the men set up.
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday, 8/27/2010 by Trixxee (Hitting the open roa...)
"I'm also going to make a white sangria with peaches when we arrive for my sister and I to enjoy while we watch the men set up." A woman after my own heart....let the men set up camp while I sit back having cocktails!

We're having Friday night steaks...back in the school night grind! No dishes to wash and minimal cooking! I am very glad the week is over! Thankfully, my back is better, and my feet are hurting minimally...especially after a few cocktails!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday, 8/27/2010 by Gourmet_Mom ("I'm also going to m...)
Never did get to make the wonton soup, but the "cheater's" pierogi were DELICIOUS!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday, 8/27/2010 by labradors (Never did get to mak...)
We had chili tonight. Had a lot of beans l/o from a bean salad recipe, (they were not dressed) so they went into a chili that I made with ground venison. Grilled some l/o Cuban bread to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."