Garam Masala Lamb Chops
  Re: (...)
What a great mid-day meal or to all you all - dinner I wrote the recipe for two lamb chops, but we had only one and with the rice and artichoke, it really was sufficient.

Garam Masala Lamb Chops
How easy can a dinner get than this one and oh, so flavorful.

4 Lamb Chops, each about 1 1/4” to 1 1/2” thick
Cooking Spray or 1/2 T. Olive oil
Salt & pepper
Garam Masala

Spray each side of the chops with cooking spray, or brush with as little olive oil as possible, and sprinkle each side with salt, pepper and garam masala.

Broil or grill the chops to an internal temperature of 130°F for rare, or 145°F for medium. Lamb is very dry and tough if you cook past medium. Makes 2 or 4 servings

Fried Rice
Fried rice goes wonderfully well with the garam masala lamb chops. For an added flavor add some peas or edamame beans as you add the rice to the skillet.

4 cups cooked rice, preferable chilled brown rice
2 T. vegetable oil
1 T. coarsely chopped garlic
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 large egg, slightly beaten
2 T. fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar
3 green onions, thinly sliced
Optional: chopped cilantro to garnish

Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil; and allow to heat. Add the onion and garlic; turn down the heat to medium and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the onion is opaque and fragrant. Add the beaten egg and toss well to scramble it.

Add the rice, fish sauce, sugar and green onion and cook tossing often until the rice is heated through. Serve with a sprinkling of cilantro, if desired.

We each had one chop and 1 cup fried rice for which approximate nutrional values were:

cal: 469; fat: 19g; chol: 121mg; carbs: 53; fiber: 5g

Just loved the chops.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Garam Masala Lamb Chops by cjs (What a great mid-day...)
Just keep waving the d@m lamb recipes in my face! That sound so good. I have Garam Masala - just can't get the lamb . . .

Uhm, Jean, Bob hid my box of cookbooks so no Culinary Artistry handy - kinda wondering, truffle and lamb???? Thinking about that mustard we're going to play with. Hmmmmmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Garam Masala Lamb Chops by Harborwitch ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
Lamb AND Garam Masala...two new things at once? I don't think so. I'll just have to save this until I have tried the lamb, then the Garam Marsala separately. THEN, I'll try the two together. Beyond that...I'll take your word for it...LOL! I know it will be good...everything you send me is good, if I trust you and go for it...LOL! But this is too big of a leap. I'll save it, though!

BTW, I HAVE seen lamb chops a few times in town, lately. So I'll be trying them sooner, rather than later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Garam Masala Lamb Chops by Gourmet_Mom (Lamb AND Garam Masal...)
Daphne - lamb and Garam Masala are like shoes and socks. It is perfection - and if you haven't tried a lot of Indian influence in your food this is the perfect introduction. Garam Masala is so wonderful - and less intense than a "curry powder". JMHO
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Garam Masala Lamb Chops by Harborwitch (Daphne - lamb and Ga...)
Indeed: lamb with garam masala is a "no brainer" (no insult intended - it's just THAT natural a combination). Simply wonderful and wonderfully simple.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Garam Masala Lamb Chops by labradors (Indeed: lamb with ga...)
Wow! Now that sounds like a great meal! We love lamb and have no problem getting it. (Sorry, Sharon)

Copied, saved, and printed!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Garam Masala Lamb Chops by Mare749 (Wow! Now that sounds...)
I agree Labs - and like a perfectly roasted chicken, simple can be perfection.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Garam Masala Lamb Chops by cjs (I agree Labs - and l...)
We love lamb---any kind of lamb!!! I haven't done the garam masala but I am intrigued......the garam is soooo readily available here I guess I will jump in and try it.

Nice recipe, Jean---------I am beginning to love "simple".
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy