What's for Dinner, Monday - 8/30??
  Re: (...)
Wow, 2nd to last day of AUGUST!!!! Is this year speeding by for anyone else as it is for me??

What's on the menu for tonight?

Remember our friend Bill who died a year (and 3 weeks to the day....) ago? We're meeting her (his widow) for lunch to meet a fellow she is seeing. I hope we like him. I'm glad for her, but I'm sad for us...make sense?

So, that will be our main meal and we'll have potato soup for "later" meal. *I'm sure having trouble 'naming' our meals....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 8/30?? by cjs (Wow, 2nd to last day...)
We're having grilled Filet Mignon with Mushroom Barley as a side. The mushroom barley is from the new Cuisine Lite, page 43.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 8/30?? by Mare749 (We're having grilled...)
I forget what the exact name of the recipe it is, but it's in the C@H free trial issue everyone gets at first. It's chicken in a spiced broth with chick peas & kalamata olives. I'll make cous cous and TJ's naan with it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 8/30?? by Trixxee (I forget what the ex...)
grilling pizza! There will be tomatoes and basil atop, and maybe some chorizo. It's been too long since we last did this....at least a couple of weeks.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 8/30?? by chef_Tab (grilling pizza! Ther...)
"at least a couple of weeks"....and a monster was created....

I've been looking at that mushroom barley.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 8/30?? by cjs (Wow, 2nd to last day...)
Jean - Breakfast is the morning meal
Supper is the big meal mid-day
Dinner is the evening meal
Lunch is any other meal or snack that you eat

At least that's the way it is here.

I found some tamales in the freezer. Cousin Roy is coming over for dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 8/30?? by Harborwitch (Jean - Breakfast is ...)
A scallop stirfry recipe I found on-line looking for what to do with our bumper crop of variety peppers.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 8/30?? by Harborwitch (Jean - Breakfast is ...)
Breakfast "breaks the fast"--morning meal we rarely eat.
Brunch--late morning meal, combines breakfast and lunch-you don't eat both. Part of a two meal day (usually on weekends)
Lunch--mid day.
Dinner or Supper--7:30 or later--if lunch was heavy, it's lite. If you had brunch it can be a feast.
At least at our house.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 8/30?? by HomeCulinarian (A scallop stirfry re...)
Where I grew up (PA, MA, NY, NJ):
Breakfast was the morning meal.
Lunch was the midday meal.
Dinner was the evening meal (and usually the biggest meal of the day)
Supper was just another word for dinner, and still meant the evening meal.

So, for dinner, tonight, I'm using the rest of the soba noodles I had along with some pork I thawed out. It will be along the same lines as Vicci's chicken-and-soba recipe that I used earlier.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 8/30?? by labradors (Where I grew up (PA,...)
Supper This is what wiki has to say about what different groups of people mean when they say supper or dinner.

At my house, we have breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Friday. On the weekends, we will often have brunch (combining breakfast and lunch) and a dinner. We don't really use the term supper.