Tuesday, 8/31 Dinner??
  Re: (...)
Another month bites the dust

What's on the menu for everyone?

I thawed out my last little ball of Beer & Rye pizza dough, but don't know what I'll top it with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday, 8/31 Dinner?? by cjs (Another month bites ...)
I'm making a vietnamese dish that we liked; Grilled Lemongrass Prawns.

I bought some organic brown Basmati rice yesterday, so will try that. I don't usually like brown rice, but the brand I got claims to have 3g of fiber, making it healthier than white rice. I thought this was a bit strange considering all the other brown rices only have 2g of fiber.

Oh, and also having asparagus and snow peas with sesame oil.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 8/31 Dinner?? by Mare749 (I'm making a vietnam...)
I've been wanting the roasted cabbage with lemon and olive oil, so that and some turkey franks wrapped in the crescent rolls and baked beans. YUM
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 8/31 Dinner?? by farnfam (I've been wanting th...)
A pork tenderloin stuffed with something and with some kind of pan sauce. Mashed potatoes and braised fennel and carrots.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 8/31 Dinner?? by Trixxee (A pork tenderloin st...)
I'm making chicken with peppers and tomatoes on rice.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 8/31 Dinner?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making chicken w...)
Braised short ribs with melted tomatoes, onions, & mushrooms. Thinking orzo with ricotta & spinach, and fresh bread.

I just discovered that the air conditioner and the crockpot don't like each other. *****!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 8/31 Dinner?? by Harborwitch (Braised short ribs w...)
ROFLOL! I'm sorry, Sharon. It's just the way you said it.

I wanted to have baby back ribs tonight, but the store was out, so I'm bbqing chicken. I'm fixing corn on the cob and steamed cabbage to go with.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 8/31 Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (ROFLOL! I'm sorry, ...)
Actually I discovered that we can have air conditioning plus EITHER the crockpot or the 47"TV. Hmmmmmm. This is only temporary - we're just running on a 15 amp circuit now, once we are off the farm we'll have 30 amp in the RV parks or our generator.

It sure smells good in here. Now, what am I going to turn off so that I can bake the bread to go with dinner. I just might have to take it next door to the mobile home.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 8/31 Dinner?? by Harborwitch (Actually I discovere...)
Apparently, a learning curve....Go Sharon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 8/31 Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Apparently, a learni...)
Well we dodged that bullet - baked the bread in my oven over in the mobile home.

Dinner was wonderful. Cousin Timmy and his wife Renae came over and shared dinner with us.

I have to mention - Bob and I are almost fanatical about "green" practices. We've spent so much time avoiding the excess use of paper, plastic, etc. - well I just tried crock pot liners today. They're great especially when the bowl of your crockpot won't fit in your sink. I will be using these a lot.