HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe
  Re: (...)
I can't find my C@H that had the meat pies in it... the meat pies consisted of ground meat, cinnamon, onions, red pepper (maybe a few other things), and were all put in a 'packet' of puff pastry dough. Does anyone vaguely remember this recipe? Looking to make a few things that freeze and eat easily... Thanks
  Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe by DonnaBee (I can't find my [url...)
I just did a search and didn't find one - can you give us an approximate issue number or when the issue came out??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe by cjs (I just did a search ...)
All I could think of was the Empanada from the Feb 2007 issue, but it was turkey and pie crust.

However I did see that there was an article in Cuisine No. 17 (October 1999), pages 37-39 . Perhaps the recipe was included in this article. I don't have that issue.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe by luvnit (All I could think of...)
It wasn't in Issue 17 - this one is a chicken pot pie and seasonings are completely different.

Hang on, DonnaBee - someone can still come on and remember what you're looking for.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe by cjs (It wasn't in Issue 1...)
I am thinking they were empanadas too, and made with puff pastry. If it's those, I made them too and they were fabulous. Darn....if only I remember when that was. My back issues are in storage, but I am pretty sure it was over a year ago. Seems to me there may have been corn in there too, but today is definitely not my day for thinking. Or if it is my day, we are all in trouble.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Welcome DonnaBee. Could they be the greek phyllo wraps in August 2004 issue? They had turkey, pepper, onions, cinnamon, nutmeg and other things. Also talks about doubling the batch and freezing. I can type it up later if you thing this is the one?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe by esgunn (Welcome DonnaBee. ...)
Hi, DonnaBee.. Might it be Turkey Empanadas with mushrooms and mole Cuisine at home No. 61 (February 2007), pages 6-7 ?
  Re: Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe by HomeCulinarian (Hi, DonnaBee.. Might...)
or could it have been calzones? from feb "08?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: HELP - Looking for a Lost Recipe by chef_Tab (or could it have bee...)
Donna????
www.achefsjourney.com
Looking, looking, but so far nothing. Sorry I can't help.

PJ
PJ