REVIEW - Issue 83 - Pork & Mushroom Stew
  Re: (...)
Great comfort food. It's been so long since we've had something like this as I'm determined to lose 10ish pounds for my son's wedding in November so we've really been watching how we eat. Was really good tho we thought it could use a bit more seasoning but that's easily solved with a little sea salt at the table. Made a couple substitutions. I used fat free 1/2 and 1/2 for the 1/2 and 1/2, Smart Balance for the butter and a jonagold apple for the granny smith apple (in the apple potato mash). Otherwise I followed the recipe as written. I'd give it at least an 8 1/2. Will definitely put it on the make again list.

So sorry I haven't been around lately, but I've been checking the posts religiously. I recently got a second job (have always been a circuit coach at Curves) as the business manager at a live local theater here and it's been rather hectic. Doesn't leave as much time for cooking or posting here and I miss that. Anyway, everyone take care and I'll check in occasionally.
Shannon
  Re: REVIEW - Issue 83 - Pork & Mushroom Stew by Dismc (Great comfort food. ...)
Thanx for the review, Shannon. I had my eye on that recipe as one to try. Also watching my calories and try to keep dinners to about 500 calories, or so.

Staying too busy for bopping around on the internet isn't a bad thing! And, congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding.
  Re: Re: REVIEW - Issue 83 - Pork & Mushroom Stew by HomeCulinarian (Thanx for the review...)
Good luck getting in shape for the wedding. And, thanks for the review, that dish does look good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW - Issue 83 - Pork & Mushroom Stew by cjs (Good luck getting in...)
Thanks for the review, Shannon. Hope to see you again when time permits.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: REVIEW - Issue 83 - Pork & Mushroom Stew by Mare749 (Thanks for the revie...)
Sounds good! Good luck with the second job Shannon!
  Re: Re: REVIEW - Issue 83 - Pork & Mushroom Stew by Trixxee (Sounds good! Good l...)
Thanks for the review, Shannon. I've got that one marked, also. Congratulations, I think, on the new job. Good luck with that weight loss goal!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.