Thursday, 9/2 - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu??

We had a great day of food yesterday, soup for 'mid-day' meal and a great sandwich for 'later-day' meal So, we're having the same thing again today, just 'cause it was so good. Probably different soup, I have 3 different ones in the freezer, but same sandwich.

Ham, sliced Pear & Swiss on Rye - the condiment called for was a mix of Greek yogurt and dried dill, which I just don't care for, so we had just mustard. Man, the combination of flavors was just wonderful. that's what's on our menu.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday, 9/2 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Just curious, did you toast the rye bread? I love to toast rye bread and put the sandwich together while it's still warm. Seems to melt the cheese a bit and takes the chill off the meat. Something my mom used to do.

Tonight will be the Heininger version of tapas, (in other words, a bunch of leftovers) and probably a bottle of wine to go with it. (I still have a few that my brother sent me)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday, 9/2 - What's for Dinner? by Mare749 (Just curious, did yo...)
Tony grilled a pork tenderloin for me last night and I will somehow turn that into a chili verde type of dish. I might make some corn muffins if time permits.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 9/2 - What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (Tony grilled a pork ...)
Maryann, I love my bread toasted for sandwiches, and Roy does not, so last night was his way - tonight is mine Toasted!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday, 9/2 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Maryann, I love my b...)
We have a build up of leftovers this week, so leftovers it will be!
  Re: Re: Thursday, 9/2 - What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (We have a build up o...)
Another day of grape picking in the heat. I am splurging and grilling hot dogs with sour kraut and diced onions. Also some baked beans on the side. Iced cold beer will round out the meal. Tomorrow is hubby's birthday so I need to plan something he loves. Most likely a seafood dish.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Thursday, 9/2 - What's for Dinner? by chef_Tab (Another day of grape...)
Chinese chicken salad here.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 9/2 - What's for Dinner? by karyn (Chinese chicken sala...)
Funny, Theresa, we're having hot dogs, too. No baked beans, though.....just didn't think of it. JOY, the weekend is almost here and I can start planning meals and bulk shop. That should improve my meals and attitude, for sure.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 9/2 - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Funny, Theresa, we'r...)
Well with the last of my zucchini I made the Zucchini and Parmesan Soup from the C&H cookbook. We love that soup and I made a quadrouple batch. I added some wild rice to it this time and it turned out just great! I think when I make this in the fall I will add wild rice, it's great!

I even made the pita chips and roasted red pepper mayo. Yummy. This is the only way my son will eat zucchini, so I will be freezing some for winter.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday, 9/2 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Maryann, I love my b...)
Jean inspired this quiz...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura