T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner?? 9/3/10
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu?

I'm going to have fun today and tomorrow. We have new neighbors and they are having an open house tomorrow and we're all to bring goodies. I'm taking an appetizer - goat cheese three ways -
Pesto-Goat cheese spread
Guacamole with goat cheese & sun-dried tomatoes
Goat cheese & crispy shallot dip
toasted sourdough (or rye) rounds

And, since we have a dessert on the Review dinner menu, I'm going to make the Cappuccino Doughnut Bars to take over there and we can at least taste them.

But, to be good today, we're having grilled lamb chops and grilled sweet potato fries, fresh veggies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner?? 9/3/10 by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Sounds like fun, Jean.

Friday is pizza at the bowling alley then dancing.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner?? 9/3/10 by HomeCulinarian (Sounds like fun, Jea...)
You dancing fool, you just dance off everything you eat, don't you!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner?? 9/3/10 by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Quote:

I'm going to make the Cappuccino Doughnut Bars to take over there and we can at least taste them.

Great idea! Then you share the calories! Appys sound wonderful too!

Not sure what we are having for dinner but I have Zucchini Parmesan soup to fall back on if I get too busy today.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner?? 9/3/10 by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Haven't decided yet, as I need to menu plan so I can go shopping later. Having a party on Monday so need to pick up some basics. These days, I seem to find it easiest to only plan 3 days out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner?? 9/3/10 by Mare749 (Haven't decided yet,...)
Tonight is steak night. We leave for Boone in the morning...so tired as I am, it's laundry night, too....OIY!

BTW, I'm taking the laptop, but don't have much hope that I'll be able to use it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner?? 9/3/10 by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight is steak nig...)
I got some Italian Turkey Sausage and they are pretty tasty (Nana would roll her eyes) but that helps for James' cholesterol. Grilling them and with peppers and onions. Made a 1/2 batch of Crusty Country bread and shaped it into sub rolls, got some pinot grigio chillling....we are all set
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner?? 9/3/10 by farnfam (I got some Italian T...)
One of my favorite meals, Cis! We were pleasantly surprised that the Italian turkey sausages were pretty good!

Still don't know what's for dinner. Spent the day cleaning like I haven't done in months. We have to go buy a new gas grill tonight, so will probably just get something out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner?? 9/3/10 by Mare749 (One of my favorite m...)
What's happening in Boone, Daphne??

Another day where eveyone's dinner sounds really good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner?? 9/3/10 by cjs (What's happening in ...)
I'm not sure. Everyone else's dinner sounds really good. I think Stroganoff tonight. I found some beef in the freezer that will work and it's an easy dinner. I found some frozen green beans to go with, and some rice.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!