C@H's eRecipe
  Re: (...)
Doesn't this sound good -I've never put hummus on pizza..... yummy

Veggie Pizza with garlic hummus
Take homemade pizza to the next level by passing on the marinara and trying a different sauce for an interesting flavor change.

Makes: 8 slices (one 14-inch pizza or two 8-inch pizzas)
Total time: 2 1/2 hours

1 cup warm water (100-110°)
1 pkg. active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp.)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup bread flour
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Yellow cornmeal
1 cup prepared garlic hummus
1 bag fresh spinach, blanched, chopped, and squeezed dry (9 oz.)
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
Red pepper flakes (optional)

Nutrition Information
Per slice from 14-inch pizza: 343 cal; 13g total fat (5g sat); 18mg chol; 1068mg sodium; 44g total carbs; 5g fiber; 14g protein

Combine water and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer; let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes.

Whisk together flours and salt in a separate bowl; add with oil to yeast mixture. Using a dough hook, mix dough on low speed until smooth, 7–10 minutes. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl; cover and let rise until doubled, about 11/2 hours.

Preheat oven to 475°, placing a baking stone or an inverted baking sheet on the middle rack.

Generously sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza peel. Press dough into a 14-inch circle on the peel. Spread hummus over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with remaining ingredients. (For two 8-inch pizzas, divide dough and toppings in half.) Freeze pizza at this point, if desired.

Slide pizza onto baking stone in oven; bake until crust is golden, 12–15 minutes (10–12 minutes for 8-inch pizzas). Remove pizza from oven and cut into slices.

---

and, I have a couple balls of sourdough dough in the freezer!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: C@H's eRecipe by cjs (Doesn't this sound g...)
What a fun idea! I saw that in my email box and thought of you right away.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: C@H's eRecipe by luvnit (What a fun idea! I ...)
Same here. Had to go check "Pizza, Pizza, Pizza" to make sure you had not used hummus on a pizza yet. It does sound very good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: C@H's eRecipe by Mare749 (Same here. Had to g...)
I have not tried hummus on pizza, but loved it on one of my faves, C@H meatloaf burgers. I always make the suggested tomato bacon relish, but there was not much left and DH loves it, so I left it for him. I had made Ina's hummus and put on the burger and it was so so good, I plan to make some along with the relish the next time I made them. I always do 6 (that is how many fit well in my grill pan) so we can have three meals out of one batch and I'll have some relish and some with hummus. I will try that pizza recipe it looks great. Thanks.