What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/4?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menus?

We'll be out food tasting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/4? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Picked up a couple of Prime filets at Wegman's yesterday. Going to do the Filets with Port Wine sauce tonight. Nice bottle of Collazzi wine that PA has as its "Chairman's Selection" until it runs out - any PA-ers should stock up on this, it's a very, very tasty Cab Sav mix with Merlot.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/4? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Maybe burritos??? Maybe tamales??? Cousin Timmy & Cousin Roy are coming over to help get the big stuff loaded and taken to storage.

Dinner will be whatever I find in the freezer, and whatever I have time and energy for. Might be broasted chicken from town.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/4? by Harborwitch (Maybe burritos??? M...)
I'm menu planning right now, so I'm not sure yet. I'll get back with you.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/4? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm menu planning ri...)
Not sure yet... Going to check out that wine recommendation from Barbara! Sounds like a great wine with a great dinner!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/4? by HomeCulinarian (Not sure yet... Goin...)
Hey, Sharon, sounds like you are getting ready to hit the road! When do you plan on leaving?

Unsure about dinner. We're still grill shopping. Sure is a lot of cheap junk out there. Now, Ron's thinking if he can fix the old one, we might just do that. So, might just be throwing together BLT's in between shopping.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/4? by Mare749 (Hey, Sharon, sounds ...)
Well, I've picked my recipes for the week and decided on dinner...Bill's Green Chili Stew (Caldillo Chili Verde)! Today is probably the coolest day we'll have this week, so I figured...why not! I'm so excited...can't wait.

Now to finish typing in my recipes and getting my shopping list done. Then I'll head to the store for the ingredients for this recipe and get started. We're going to Wilmington tomorrow for the remaining ingredients.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/4? by HomeCulinarian (Not sure yet... Goin...)
It's an awesome wine! A little pricey at $29.99, but worth it. I'm not a great fan of Cab Sav, but this blend is perfect. As good as Moldavi's $80 Cab Sav. Unfortunately, when they sell out, that'll be it. Why do they do that?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/4? by Mare749 (Hey, Sharon, sounds ...)
Yeah - we're getting there. All the big pieces that had to go out the "front" door are loaded to go to storage. Now we're down to odds and ends, sorting out what clothes we're going to take.

Here's the bottom half of my china cabinet going to the truck. [Image: IMG_7017.jpg]

This is the North Dakota appliance dolly LOL
[Image: IMG_7021.jpg]

The only door we could get the stuff out of is at least 6' off the ground so we had to use the tractor and the "farm hand". Raise the bucket to the door, load the bucket, then lower it and move the tractor over by the truck. sheesh.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/4? by Harborwitch (Yeah - we're getting...)
Sounds like an ingenious way to get the job done...LOL! I love it!
Daphne